$1000 to Win "Frontrunner" Race at I-37 November 1

I-37 Raceway Track Director Jim Knudtson today announced a $1000 to win enduro for the track's new "Frontrunner Class" on Saturday, November 1 along with a special unsanctioned $1000 to win race for Sport Mods and a special race for the Pure Stock class, with purse and distances to be announced later.

The new "Frontrunner Class" is for almost any four- or six-cylinder compact to midsize front wheel drive car. Basically a really pure stock class, the Frontrunner rules will be posted on the I-37 Raceway web site shortly and copies are also available at the pit gate when you check in for Friday's race. Allowed modifications are few. (One roll bar and removal of interior plastic almost covers it.)

Purse amounts, entry fees and race distances will be announced in the next two weeks. Special rules for the unsanctioned Sports Mod race will be in effect for this race; these rules will also be announced in the next two weeks.

The Frontrunner Class will be a regular class at I-37 Raceway in 2009, and other special events may be held in the off-season to help launch the new class.

For questions about the cars and the rules, email Eric Knudtson at i37raceway@hotmail.com.

all of the enduro cars that I have raced and we have built lately are stock v-8 cars. A new starter class is a good idea but in my opinion not allowing the 14 to 16 bomber cars that STS has almost every week and 12 to 18 grandstocks in kyle every other week might limit your car count. jmo

Bobby Jack

In our bomber class experienced racers aren't supposed to compete, but when we run a non point enduro all racers are welcome.

I-37 Raceway Track Director Jim Knudtson today announced a $1000 to win enduro for the track's new "Frontrunner Class" on Saturday, November 1 along with a special unsanctioned $1000 to win race for Sport Mods and a special race for the Pure Stock class, with purse and distances to be announced later.

The new "Frontrunner Class" is for almost any four- or six-cylinder compact to midsize front wheel drive car. Basically a really pure stock class, the Frontrunner rules will be posted on the I-37 Raceway web site shortly and copies are also available at the pit gate when you check in for Friday's race. Allowed modifications are few. (One roll bar and removal of interior plastic almost covers it.)

Purse amounts, entry fees and race distances will be announced in the next two weeks. Special rules for the unsanctioned Sports Mod race will be in effect for this race; these rules will also be announced in the next two weeks.

The Frontrunner Class will be a regular class at I-37 Raceway in 2009, and other special events may be held in the off-season to help launch the new class.

For questions about the cars and the rules, email Eric Knudtson at i37raceway@hotmail.com.

There are 30 or more of these in Killeen running two features every week. Track management needs to make sure rules are compatible and try to get them down for the Enduro.

Don in Austin

I know the FWD 4 or 6 cylinder limitation will screen out a lot of already sitting RWD Enduro cars, but I've kept up with reading on the progress of this type of class at Texas Thunder, and JMO, but I think I37 is doing the right thing with this one. This is a very very economical way to get your feet wet and really the only way to keep it closely competitive is the FWD limitation. This exact approach has worked great for Texas Thunder running 2 features for the class on most nights. Now, if interested someone living in say Buda or Austin could run at Texas Thunder on a Saturday or I37 on a Friday.

I know millions of opinions are offered so here's two from me. First, other than the Nov. event, set this up as a trophy only class for 2009 season initially. This can be an excellent revenue generater for the track. If this thing explodes then set up a small purse. Reason why is it needs to stay cheap, be designed for the ole boy or girl that just wants to get on the track and have fun, and keep it fun. When you start paying, you can never go backwards. Secondly, if you set up a claim for the entire car like Texas Thunder has, calculate a buffer in for scrap price comparison. Scrap prices are up and the claim needs to give a driver or owner a little incentive to build the car above what scrap would be.

Now, for something a little different if you've read down this far. Many of you who know me, know that I am a huge supporter of the sport of dirt track racing at all tracks. I have quite a few different secret ways I do that even outside of my direct work with one track in particular. And those secrets will remain secret. It is my belief that we have to grow the grass roots approach and something like this class is exactly how I would have started years ago if it existed. Many helped me back when with technical assistance, and I was fortunate enough to experience some fun and decent success along the way. There's a theory that you pay back when it's your turn and when you can. I am very interested in this type of class and interested in monitoring how it progresses. So, I am offering one 2009 sponsorship in the amount of $500 for this particular class. If you can build your car for $200, that's great. You'll have $300 for operating expenses for a while. Here are the requirements if you're interest in applying:

1. Applicant can post here or send me a PM to me on this site. Let's see how this works out.

2. Applicant must not be a current racer, and actually preference is someone who has never even pulled a car out on a dirt track.

3. Applicant must demonstrate good sportsmanship and demonstrate a positive attitude.

4. Applicant must never critize any dirt track on any websites, forums, or in the pits in dialogue with other racers.

5. Applicant must consult with me on make/ model of car to be used if awarded the sponsorship. Cause I have some ideas on what would be good.

6. Sponsor name will be neatly recognized on the Passenger Side rear quarter panel. (vinyl or neatly hand painted is fine).

7. Now the kicker... The sponsor (me) will have the potential if desired to drive the car for a maximum of 2 nights (maybe just 1, but maybe 2) during the 2009 season on an agreed upon night(s). So, don't get wrapped up in a points battle if you're intested in this sponsorship..... :)

If you are interested in this sponsorship for this class or know of someone who would be, feel free to forward this info to them. This is for the 2009 season. Post your contact info on this thread or PM me. Don't call my cell for this one if you already have my cell. Applications will be accepted and reviewed thru November. Sponsorship funding will be provided in January, 2009 as it is intended for a 2009 season sponsorship.

-Monty

Edited by texana55