protest

Accident - an undesirable or unfortunate happening that occurs unintentionall

Intentional -done with intention or on purpose

After watching the race video from 8/9/08 which would you choose

a driver was docked from 1st to 4th without any video evidence in his incident at ironrock earlier this year

There are always at least two sides to every racing incident.

Discussions concerning "who hit whom and why" rarely end up as productive discussions and I usually have to put a stop to it once it goes from a generic discussion to a personal bash session.

This is not intended to terminate the discussion, just a reminder that bashing is not permitted in the TXSZ forums before this thread goes any further.

Thanks.

Nick

Accident - an undesirable or unfortunate happening that occurs unintentionall

Intentional -done with intention or on purpose

After watching the race video from 8/9/08 which would you choose

a driver was docked from 1st to 4th without any video evidence in his incident at ironrock earlier this year

Ronny

Good definitions.

Unfortunatly we only had one angle from the video. I looks like an intentional incident, although Marty went through it frame by frame and explained what happened from his perspective. When accidents happen in NASCAR races on TV, they always show them at varous angles. What looks one way at angle a. sometimes looks different in angle b and so on.

We do not have the luxury of multiple angles and have to rely on the drivers to give their point of view.

In the heat of battle, especially in our class, things happen fast. Marty says it was not intentional. we have given him the benifit of the doubt.

As for the incident with Driscal at the beginning of the year, we had no video. we relied on the drivers who he slammed into for the information we needed to penalize him. In his case it was not one incident but 5 or 6 during the Main. It involved all of the top 4 drivers. That is why he was penalized 4 spots.

We are going to have a mandatory drivers meeting before our next race and clear the air with everyone. We all need to be more curtious , especialy at the begining of these races. We all want to win but unfortunatly you can't win on the first lap

No to mention, in Driskall's case there was unbiased witness account from the 5th place car (me). I saw a couple of the incidents that led to his punishment.

THANK YOU BRIAN, I TO WAS IN THE SAME CORNER,AN SAW WHAT WAS GOING ON. BUT AS A KART OWNER,I HAVE TO BE VERY SURE THAT I'M SEEING WHAT I THINK I SEE. I BELIEVE THE " BOARD" DOES THE BEST THEY CAN DO WITH WHAT THEY HAVE TO GO ON. WE STILL HAVE LOTS OF RACING TO GO YET. SO GOOD LUCK TO EACH ONE OF YOU. BEANER............................

We are going to have a mandatory drivers meeting before our next race and clear the air with everyone. We all need to be more curtious , especialy at the begining of these races. We all want to win but unfortunatly you can't win on the first lap

If I'm in front, you all have my permission to wreck one another. I'm just saying.................

If I'm in front, you all have my permission to wreck one another. I'm just saying.................

Brian..Once again thanks for the video!!!!

Good job by Mike Bell for keeping on the track!!

classic case of a poor handling race car taking out two well handling cars. The kart had a mean push on the lower line. He couldn't do anything but drift up. Megan couldn't do anything either.

WELL PUT ROBERT,AFTER REVEIWING THIS 10 TIMES MINIMUM,I HAVE COME TO THE SAME CONCLUSION ITS A CASE OF A NO HANDLING SITUATION. I DON'T THINK MEGAN,OR MIKE BELL COULD HAVE DONE ANYTHING DIFFERENT. TURN 3 HAS ALWAYS BEEN A MEAN CORNER,BECAUSE OF THE "D" SHAPE OF THUNDERHILL. EVEN THE BIG CARS HAVE PROBLEMS THERE.ITS A PROBLEM FOR EVERY RACER. HOWEVER,COOL HEADS MUST PREVAIL,SO LETS KEEP IT TOGETHER,AN TRY TO HELP EACH OTHER GET THEIR KARTS HANDLING. LATER, BEANER.................................................

DITTO, GOOD JOB BOTH MEGAN, AN MIKE BELL,COULD HAVE BEEN A TERRIBLE SITUATION HAD THEY NOT BEEN ON THEIR TOES AT DRIVING. LATER. BEANER............................

classic case of a poor handling race car taking out two well handling cars. The kart had a mean push on the lower line. He couldn't do anything but drift up. Megan couldn't do anything either.

WELL PUT ROBERT,AFTER REVEIWING THIS 10 TIMES MINIMUM,I HAVE COME TO THE SAME CONCLUSION ITS A CASE OF A NO HANDLING SITUATION. I DON'T THINK MEGAN,OR MIKE BELL COULD HAVE DONE ANYTHING DIFFERENT. TURN 3 HAS ALWAYS BEEN A MEAN CORNER,BECAUSE OF THE "D" SHAPE OF THUNDERHILL. EVEN THE BIG CARS HAVE PROBLEMS THERE.ITS A PROBLEM FOR EVERY RACER. HOWEVER,COOL HEADS MUST PREVAIL,SO LETS KEEP IT TOGETHER,AN TRY TO HELP EACH OTHER GET THEIR KARTS HANDLING. LATER, BEANER.................................................

DITTO, GOOD JOB BOTH MEGAN, AN MIKE BELL,COULD HAVE BEEN A TERRIBLE SITUATION HAD THEY NOT BEEN ON THEIR TOES AT DRIVING. LATER. BEANER............................

It goes without saying if Megan had not lost her tire she would have caught up with the pack within a lap. Before the "incident" was even over, she was diving down behind Marty ready to go!!

It goes without saying if Megan had not lost her tire she would have caught up with the pack within a lap. Before the "incident" was even over, she was diving down behind Marty ready to go!!

hahah yess. i thought everything was kool till i looked back.

but i sure was ready to have some racing fun.

too bad i couldnt finishh.

it would have been a good race

Archived