Modifieds

97car

I have been noticing lately that the modified car counts have dropped off for both dirt and asphalt tracks.

However the limited class seems to have a good car count at these tracks. With the pictures in the history section it reminds me when more of the suspension was using stock parts and still had fast cars with good racing. are we coming full circle again on this? The payouts are not as good in the limiteds, but the class seems to grow still. Are the modifieds as we know them now dying out and limiteds taking over?

From what I see is there are a lot of modified drivers stepping down to the sportmods because they more affordable. On dirt atleast. There are also alot of people getting into the class and out of hobby or I stocks because they are easyer to repair. just my 2cents

Thats a very good question. I race asphalt and a friend races the dirt both in the modifieds. One of the biggest reasons would be the fuel prices. Methanol has almost tripled in price over the last few years. This can be attributed to the oil field drilling along with the E85 used in passenger vehicles. Dielsel is a whole nother problem

its simple...$$$$$$$$$$$$ it used to be a feather in your cap to be a top class racer, it still is i guess, but bang for the buck goes to classes like thunders and sportmods..you can have a blast at 75 mph just as much as you can at 90 mph...some guys spend more money on a set of shocks than others do on an entire car...i think it is becoming increasingly harder for the average racer to compete on a national scale in a modified when you are racing teams that carry 2 cars and 3 motors to the track every week...chassis tuning is so important that yo uneed an expert.

while im on my soapbox..claim rule does absolutely no good...... it only allows those who can afford to loose a 10 thousand dollar motor to build one. oly the lowbuck guys are building claimer motors, the really fast guys are building the beasts and if they loose them , so be it we can afford to build another one.

the only way to keep the cost of racing down is shock rules and crate motors.

just my 2 cents as usual

Archived