South Alabama SLM

Casey19

4th was Mitch Cobb and 5th was Stanley Smith...........This race was completely dominated by Casey Smith. The only one that could get close to Casey was Augie Grill towards the end of the race after everyone was just riding out the laps..............I want to see Casey run like this at the next Blizzard race at Five Flags Speedway................Congratulations to Casey on an awesome win tonight.

Unless Casy has problems, he is almost unbeatable at Opp and MIS. It now looks like Opp will only run SLMs at the Rattler next year. The car count there has been pitiful this year, so I don't blame John for doing something about the lack of SLM support. Congrats to Casey, Glenn and the team on the win. I will see you at FFs and MIS later this month.

Unless Casy has problems, he is almost unbeatable at Opp and MIS. It now looks like Opp will only run SLMs at the Rattler next year. The car count there has been pitiful this year, so I don't blame John for doing something about the lack of SLM support. Congrats to Casey, Glenn and the team on the win. I will see you at FFs and MIS later this month.

The supers DON'T support him and thats all he is going to run next year?

Way to go, Casey!! Awesome job by you and your team...congrats on the successes this season..

The supers DON'T support him and thats all he is going to run next year?

They had 13 SLM - but Lanier ran SLM last night, PASS South ran SLM last night, and CRA ran SLM last night I don't think it is a lack of support I think it is they are split and that has created low car counts - Lanier only had 10 cars - if those 10 would of been at South Alabama that would have made for 23 cars - He is going to run Pro Late Models next year except at the Rattler

I personally think Casey stunk his show up dominating and there is only a handful of racers that want to go try to beat him and the others are going to tracks they feel they can win at - JMO Where was Ryan Crane and Jason Hogan and Jeff Fultz and Heath Hindeman and Donald Long and Josh Hamner?

For some reason the SLM guys that run at Five Flags and Mobile do not want to run at OPP. I don't know if it is because they are scared of Casey Smith or what the problem is. South Alabama Speedway is one of the nicest asphalt short tracks in the southeast and John Dykes pays a better purse than Five Flags and Mobile. There are plenty of SLM's in this area and should have been more at OPP than what showed up...............................Birmingham Int. Raceway had a big SLM show scheduled for August 9th and they have been canceled and replaced by the PLM"S. The reason was because of low car counts in the SLM"s.

4th was Mitch Cobb and 5th was Stanley Smith...........This race was completely dominated by Casey Smith. The only one that could get close to Casey was Augie Grill towards the end of the race after everyone was just riding out the laps..............I want to see Casey run like this at the next Blizzard race at Five Flags Speedway................Congratulations to Casey on an awesome win tonight.

I wish Casey would get his package together for Five Flags because I am going to the Snowball this year and I want him to be in the field as well as the other Texas drivers! Does anyone know where he is in the points as far as a provisional for the Snowball?

I wish Casey would get his package together for Five Flags because I am going to the Snowball this year and I want him to be in the field as well as the other Texas drivers! Does anyone know where he is in the points as far as a provisional for the Snowball?

Super Late Models

1 Josh Hamner 460

2 Scott Carlson 430

3 Mitch Cobb 380

4 Casey Smith 355

5 Augie Grill 340

Donald Long and Josh Hamner are teammates of Johanna Long who was not done right by the promoter at Opp. Don't look for any of them to race at Opp anytime soon. The rest of the drivers mentioned do not drive at Opp on a regular basis. I agree with Casey19, the scheduling of several SLM events on the same Saturday night creates problems. Opp draws a great crowd of PLM drivers for races, but a lot of them come from over Georgia way. I cannot say I blame Mr. Dykes from dropping the SLMs from his schedule with the exception of the Rattler.

I really believe there are several of the SLM guys that won't come to OPP because they know they will be racing for second place because if nothing happens to Casey Smith then he is going to win. Those guys need to get their cars better and try and outrun Casey instead of not coming. Augie Grill beat Casey at the SLM race in June so this shows that Casey can be outran. I believe that is the first time in two years at OPP that Casey was outran when he finished in the lead lap and did not have any problems.

Archived