THR Grand Stock Class

matt5858

tbucket,

I don't have the numbers but I think this class has got lots of potential. THR is ideally suited for such a class and I know there is a real need for a genuine entry level class there.

That being said, any time you start a new class there's bound to be growing pains. But what really makes any new class successful is the commitment of the track owners to that class and the desire of potential competitors to run in a class that meets their "fun per buck" criteria. And from what I know, it sounds very much like the THR owners are committed to seeing the class grow and there has been a lot of interest shown by people wanting to build. I'm really tempted to put one together myself, but I know that would be a huge conflict of interest.. sigh..

Nick Holt

I'm building an 82 LTD to bring to the new grand stock class. I couldn't find mention of the cost per race to enter, or any prize money. Anybody know how much I should set aside to cover those costs (I plan to run 1/3 or 1/4 of the race weekends).

Also, does the $1000 claimer rule really work the way I read it (anybody from the stands that night could just bring $1000 and have a race car for the next weekend's races?)? If so, I guess people should be keeping the price of their car below $1000.....

I think it will be very hard to build a grand car. Unless if you have a bunch of hand me down parts and pieces. I am not saying that it cant be done, but it will be hard for someone who doesnt know anyone.

I also think that Thunderhill Raceway will suceed in building this class, it will just take some time. Good Luck to everyone building a car and remember " Safety First" . ;):D

Archived