Red River Speedway

I would like to apologize to all the fans and other drivers that attened Red River Speedway on Saturday night. The actions in one class by a group of drivers will not be tolerated. I have had many phone calls and emails in regards to the actions of the three individuals. I can assure you that Red River Speedway and the managment will deal with people involved. We once again would like to thank all of our fans and drivers that come out to the track and support local racing in North Texas.

Thanks

Mike Cooper

General Manager

Red River Speedway

In contrast to the original email posted, others have also received calls and comments about last Saturday night. But the comments that were received were in favor to the "stand" that the drivers in the mentioned class had to take. As a long time race fan and having been involved in racing for several years, no driver or fan for that matter wants to see the same car (that obviously doesn't belong in the class) win everytime they are on the track. At least not by lapping all the other cars! The situation has been brought up several times during the year and the management did not seem to care. All that is ever heard was.......... we want the car count, which is understandable to a point. But would they rather lose 1 car until the problems are solved or 3 or 4 of your regulars that have done everything they could to try to bring people (other cars and fans!!) into the track!

This could all have been avoided months ago when it was first brought up if management had taken things more seriously. Yes, there are NOW more rules after the season is almost over, but cars still show up without complying, are not checked, and are still able to run. And when the drivers try to express their feelings and concerns they are just called "whiners". And then to say on a forum that the drivers "will be dealt with"?!? Seems like the track is not concerned whether the races are competitive or not or if they lose a few that wanted the track to succeed. What kind of way is that to run a track???? No wonder the drivers had no choice but to make a "stand".

Won't see you back at RRS - unless there's new management!

The drivers wanted a set of rules and we have handed out the rules to them. The cars have been checked and told what they need to have done to there cars. We have listened to the drivers and worked with them in regards to a new set of rules. The drivers have the rules and they have been asked to comply with them. I have full confidence in the technical staff and crew in regards to making sure that the cars comply. We have no problem going over the rule book with each owner or driver. I feel like we have a very good set of rules and feel everyone is working on making sure that they comply. The class grew very quickly and has had some small issues and they have been and are being looked at. I think everyone needs to look at there cars and I hate to say it but if you are in the stands listen to the RPM's that some cars are running and others are not. I would be willing to bet that with a minor change that 1 of the 3 cars being talked about would win a race. I can tell you that the #97 dirt car ( two weeks off of the dirt ) it seems to be holding the fastest lap times during the races. I think there is alot of growth in this class and we have new cars being added every week to the class.

Here we go again... We have a 1st-time poster who has decided that Texas Speed Zone is a bitch forum.

TXSZ is NOT a bitch forum.

If anyone has a problem with the way a track is managed or any other complaint, they should take it up with the track and not use TXSZ as their personal bitch box.

And once again, I was away from the computer for most of the day and did not see this post until just a few minutes ago. But I see that the track has already responded in a most reasonable way so I am closing this thread.

Pit Mom - Please read your PMs.

Nick

Archived