ENDURO

thumper

Well after racing for 39 years its hard to believe theres something new to do.Sat nite was my first 100 lap race and I must say I really enjoyed it.Believe me,its one thing to run a regular feature all out but another thing to have to run fast and not too hard so you dont burn off the tires.After about 30 laps it feels like your running on a dry slick dirt track where you really have to be steady on the wheel and gas and brakes.I must say this was the most fun Ive had in a long time and I hope to do it again sometime.

I watched much of the other races too and I can say the racing was really good.I especially enjoyed the True stock heat as Anthony was batteling the 21 car door to door,Anthoney was very loose but got down the straight good and the 21 was really good going into the turn.They would be equal in the center .I missed the feature getting ready for my race but I think 21 got that one.The Super Street race was fast and furious as usual.That 71 car really got going on the high aide until he got squeezed into the wall on the front straight.Its a lot harder for those big cars to navagate than it is for small cars like mine.But he prooved theres more than one line on the track.I missed the end,we were next,but 34 was leading after a rear start.And those really young drivers are getting better every race.

Overall I saw what I was hopeing for all along.The spirit that is CC Speedway is back as strong as ever.All the racers were very upbeat about their track and its future.The pits were charged with energy.The fans were as energized as ever and the feeling of uncearnty about our future has passed.The Thunder class has a great bunch of people who can take it to the next level.In fact so do all the classes.The track is always looking for ways to accomodate the fans and the teams.Even teck has changed procedures,now they wright you up for any needed changes,I got cited for too large of opening in the firewall where my steering shaft passes through.I will fix it.

I want to say thank you to CC Speedway for a new experience and for making Thunder cars an important part of the show.Ministocks are usually forgotton about at most tracks and not taken serious.At CC Speedway we have always been an important segment of the nite program and many past drivers have gone on to be great performers in other venues.Fact is if you can run up front in a Thunder car you can run up front in any type of car.

For this 100 lap race I used 4 gals of premium gas and my tires look the same.One slip and the 29 or the 23 would have passed my by.My biggest concern was the battery,running dual fans drained it and the engine was getting warm near the end because the fan speed dropped.If I did this often I would add an alternator. I think we all had fun and I hope to do it again someday.

Archived