Going to Lake is not cheaper than racing

Mona

Okay, I have to rethink this boating, lake thing. We went over 4th of July & left spending just as much or more than racing. We have a boat and SeaDoo both in shop for repairs. Motor & body damage. I guess I thought we were still racing and needed to spend money on motors & doing body work.

Racing may be cheaper than these repairs. At least with race car, you can pound the bends out with a hammer.

You should try racing on saturday night and going to the lake on sunday lol! that will hit your pocket book. I know how you feel I quit racing for now because it was so expensive, but still a race fan. what you need to do is find some friends with a boat, thats what I did. the only problem is they have a race car too! still have not been to the lake yet this year.

Okay, I have to rethink this boating, lake thing. We went over 4th of July & left spending just as much or more than racing. We have a boat and SeaDoo both in shop for repairs. Motor & body damage. I guess I thought we were still racing and needed to spend money on motors & doing body work.

Racing may be cheaper than these repairs. At least with race car, you can pound the bends out with a hammer.

Can you say marine ching$$$ ching$$$.Thats what my boat guy always says!!!! :lol::D:huh:

MONA, WERE YOU PLAYING "BUMPER BOATS" ? I COULDA TOLD YA' THAT A BOAT ISN'T ANY CHEAPER...

HAVE FUN... :D

We had boats for many years, before we started racing, & never had an insurance claim. We did spend money, but it wasn't on repairs (other than routine maintenance.) I think something about spending money on race cars just transferred over to the boats.

Got estimate results today, & YEP, boating is just as expensive as racing. At least with boating, I have insurance to help pay the bills.

Archived