Improvements Change Over to Success for Casey Smith Racing

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Tex Motorsports Marketing

www.texmotorsports.com

Improvements Change Over to Success for Casey Smith Racing

Austin, TX 7/1/08- In racing a common understanding amongst drivers and crew chiefs alike is you can measure your success based upon your improvement over time. The teams that can show improvement each time they hit the track are usually the ones you read about winning races and championships throughout their careers. This has played ever so true for the Casey Smith Racing team in 2008 at Pensacola, Florida’s Five Flags Speedway.

Casey piloted his #99 Rapid Disposal/Gary Buchanan Custom Homes/ BES Equipment Sales Chevy Monte Carlo to an outstanding third place finish at this weekend’s round number three of the Blizzard super late model series at Five Flags Speedway. It was a rewarding result for Smith who didn’t leave from his Texas shop to make the twelve hour trip to Pensacola until 9 pm Thursday.

“I have been so busy lately at work. I worked until six or so at Rapid Disposal to make sure I can go racing and then I go work on the car until three in the morning to get ready for this race, then you add the long trip from Texas and it makes for an exhausting weekend. I’m so glad we came away with a third place finish and not a torn up race car,” said Smith.

For many racers this upcoming Fourth of July weekend marks the midpoint of the 2008 racing season. It’s a time for short track racers to both evaluate their team’s performance and what lies ahead for the remainder of the year.

“Well if I had to grade our team’s performance I would say a B overall. Our on track speed is an A because we’ve been fast and we have won some races and lead at almost every race we ran but then look at our end results and you would have to say an F because of other people’s mistakes it has cost us both results and money. So I hope the second half is a lot better especially because we will run at some of these big money shows like the Circle Track Nationals at O’Reilly Raceway Park in Indianapolis, Indiana, All-American 400 in Nashville, and of course the Snowball at Five Flags come December. You may even see us at the PASS National event at Orange County Speedway in North Carolina in a couple weeks. I know a lot of guys are racing all over this weekend but we are actually planning on having a little break and just relaxing a little bit,” stated Casey with a smile.

For all the latest news on Texas native Casey Smith visit his website at www.caseysmithracing.com. For Casey Smith Racing public relations related items contact Chris Ragle with Tex Motorsports Marketing at cragle02@yahoo.com or call 704.706.3666 for more information.