engines

I'm honored that you asked. My opinion is the same as the previous 2 seasons. Don't change a single thing. However, I would be in favor of changes that extend the useful life of our current parts. We have spent enough money and are going fast enough. As it stands, 80% of the field is competitive. That's tons more than most racing classes out there.

I would like to see a "NASKARTS store". With the current motor modifications, we have a longer lead time making it difficult to rebound from a failure. Ideally, there would be several short-blocks, crank/rod combos, heads, cams, etc in stock in case of a failure. This would make the Series more attractive to join. This would be easier to accomplish without the fear of a new motor package every Year.

Again,thanks for asking.

I think you guys should run engines again next year. The pedal things may be OK for those in shape, but the rest of us definately need engines. Just my $0.02.

Nick

Oh, I read way to deep into the question. Yes, I too, am for engines next year!

Ya'll need to come up with a mutual engine builder. Too many racers/builders for an off the shelf store. Sealed motors still make the most sense. Sealed shortblocks.

One drawback of a sealed motor is it would increase the cost to compete. Not to mention the time involved in sending the motor to a neutral shop. There are several different combos, within the rules, that are competitive. I like the latitude and affordability that our current rules allow. We have a tear-down rule if we ever want to check a motor.

If a person gets in a bind, they have no choice but buy the off the shelf combo. It may be different than theirs, but the cookie-cutter combo most of have now has proven time over to be competitive.

Personally, I enjoy the motor assembly and wouldn't trust anyone with that job. Some jackleg might install the rings in upside down or something!

I think you guys should run engines again next year. The pedal things may be OK for those in shape, but the rest of us definately need engines. Just my $0.02.

Nick

ONLY PROBLEM ,IS THE GUYS WITH LONGER LEGS HAVE THEIR PEDALS STROKED,AN PASS US ON THE STRAIGHT AWAYS. LATER, BEANER

Ya'll need to come up with a mutual engine builder. Too many racers/builders for an off the shelf store. Sealed motors still make the most sense. Sealed shortblocks.

Most everyone is learning how to work on their own motors. I think this is a big part of the fun in this class.

We are seeing most of the guys becomming fast. The rules allow for personal choice in the cam size, valve size , Pipe and intake configuration. This gives us a reason to test and see what works best.

The rules allow for personal choice in the cam size, valve size , Pipe and intake configuration. This gives us a reason to test and see what works best.

This is true.

Personally, I enjoy the motor assembly and wouldn't trust anyone with that job. Some jackleg might install the rings in upside down or something!

That is hilarious.

Archived