Information for July 4th & 5th

TRP

Right on the heels of wrapping up our June 21st event, it is time to tell everyone about the schedule of events and other important information for July 4th & 5th. This will also be posted under announcements. I'll try to keep this bumped up periodically so we do a good job on getting the word out. A lot of information in this post. This is the most frequented forum for Texana racers, so we'll place our greatest energy on communicating within TXSZ.

We really need good weather on July 4th & 5th with all that is scheduled. We've got our eggs in several baskets to get the word out and we need your help to shatter the fan attendance record with an all-time high. Here are the important points of interest in chronological order.

Last week, we made a blitz handing out approximately 50 posters to various businesses around Victoria and Edna. We ran out before last night or I would have handed out some at the driver's meeting. But, I now have some more copies, so I'll be getting some more out there. Also, if you did not already receive one via email and you want one in pdf, let me know your email via PM and I'll send one to you.

During the week of June 23rd there will be 10 pairs of general admission tickets given away on KMKS 102.5, which broadcasts out of Bay City. The tickets are marked specifically for the July 4th show with ASCS Sprints, Mods & Limiteds. This will be a great chance for folks to win tickets, who've never been to the track and they'll get to see a unique show. Let your friends know.

There will be 10 pairs of general admission tickets given away through KIXS 107.9, which broadcasts from Victoria. These are also marked for the July 4th show. Not certain what days they will be giving their tickets away, but again a good chance for first-timers. Let your friends know.

This week, I'll be doing an interview with Bob Nason (Texana Announcer and Sports Director for AM 1390 in El Campo). Bob will be using the audio for his sports segments in relation to the July 4th show. Let your friends know.

During the week of June 30th, we purchased commercials to air on KMKS 102.5 and KIXS 107.9 marketing the July 4th show. Production is complete and they are ready to air.

On July 4th from 2pm to 4pm, we have a live radio remote scheduled with KIXS 107.9. This is a joint venture with the new KFC / Taco Bell in Edna. The remote will be broadcast from the KFC / Taco Bell (located on SH 111 on the south side of US 59) from 2pm to 4pm, with several of the ASCS Sprint Cars on display. Invite the fans to the remote and they can stay in town for the race in the evening.

July 4th - Limiteds and Mods will pay the normal $40 race fee plus transponder rental (this is the same as always and covers the race fee and pit pass for the driver only). This is a points night and the reg. fee for first timers will be charged. ASCS card holders have a specified fee in contract, which we will charge for those card holders. Everyone else entering the pits on July 4th will pay $30.

General admission will be $12... Senior Citizens will be $10.... Children fees stay the same.

Sprint Cars will be paying $2,000 to win on July 4th all the way down to $400 to start. We're hoping for a great show with the first time ever for full-size sprint cars to take to the track at Texana Raceway Park.

Modifieds will have an extra $1,000 added to their purse on July 4th. $200 will be added for the feature winner, and the remaining $800 will be divided from 2nd - up to 24th, divided equally among all who qualify for and start in the feature.

Limited Mods will have an extra $2,000 added to their purse on July 4th. $200 will be added for the feature winner, and the remaining $1,800 will be divided from 2nd - up to 24th, divided equally among all who qualify for and start in the feature.

July 5th, race fees, pit passes and general admission prices are the norm. Reverse/ Blindfold / Demo entries will be $50.

On July 5th, Mini-Stocks will have an extra $200 added and divided equally among all mini's who sign-in. This will be a separate envelop for each teen and it is sponsored by Cabin Creek Design (database programming firm), owned by Cindy Chamberlain (who is also the texana webmaster).

On July 5th, Bombers wil have an extra $500 added to their purse. This will be $100 added to the feature winner and $400 divided equally from 2nd up to 24th for all who qualify for and start the feature. This is sponsored by R4J, Inc, based in Bastrop, and The Computer Kops, based in El Campo.

On July 5th, Super Stocks will have an extra $800 added to their purse. This will be $100 added to the feature winner. The remaining $700 will be divided equally 2nd - up to 24th for all who qualify for and start the feature. This is sponsored by Paul Swoyer Septic, Danielsen Motorsports, Davenport Transportation, Stevenson Plumbing, and two anonymous sponsors.

There is an offer on the table for $250 to be added to the Bomber purse on July 5th, if another sponsor will match it, creating $500 total extra for the bomber purse on July 5th. Please contact me if you know of a company interested in matching this.

July 5th we will have the three tiered competition for Reverse Race, Blindfold Race, and finale with the Demo Derby. Points will be awarded for each tier. After all events are scored and added together, the top five will take home money. 1st - $500, 2nd - $250, 3rd - $150, 4th - $100, 5th - $50.

There is a $50 entry fee for the demo derby.

I may have forgotten something, but I'm tired now. Please feel free to ask questions via this forum if you need information on the big July 4th & 5th shows.

thx - Monty

Monty, can you help me out here? I would like some specifics regarding the fuel cell filler, caps, flapper valve, etc.

My class: Mod

I have the "old" style RCI twist on fuel cap, not the screw on type; however, I do have a flapper valve installed. Is this considered "legal" or within the rules for Texana?

Per the Texana site:

“Rules same as UMP and IMCA (Quick Change rear end allowed)”

Per the IMCA site:

“Section 17. FUEL SYSTEM:

Fuel cell vents, including cap vent, must have check valves. If fuel cell does not have aircraft style positive seal filler neck/cap system - a flapper, spring or ball type filler rollover valve is required.”

I would appreciate a reply to this question as soon as possible. I want to make the July 4th race, but I need to know if I'm legal or if I need to purchase a new fuel filler cap before pulling 110 miles to your track - and then finding out I am not legal.

Thank you

Robert Carson

Mod #77

Cowboy - If you have the flapper valve installed at the filler neck, that is acceptable for the remainder of this year. Preference is the newer generation replacement caps, which will be the full requirement for Texana in 2009. For the remainder of this year, the flapper is acceptable. Send me a PM with a # if further questions and I'll call you.

Also for all drivers, the track is stocking the two styles of replacement caps with the rollover valves, and has those available at cost / no mark-up for drivers.

thx - Monty

Big News for Bombers on July 5th, More Money Added:

Things just keeping getting better!!!!! Help us spread the word on this!

We've rounded up $500 extra for the Bombers on July 5th. We'll take $100 and added it to the feature winner, and we'll take the remaining $400 and divide it equally among all who qualify for and start the feature 2nd up to 24th. For example, if 21 start the feature, it will be $400 divided by 2nd - 21st, which will be $20 extra for everyone.

I will continue searching for more, but the extra $500 for bombers is a for sure deal. I'll amend the original post on this thread accordingly.

This is sponsored by R4J, Inc., based in Bastrop (Danny Bennett) and

The Computer Kops, based in El Campo (Jessee Wood) - Thank you Carlie Mills for the lead on this one

What a great two days the 4th and 5th is shaping up to be!

-Monty

Cowboy - .... Send me a PM with a # if further questions and I'll call you.

thx - Monty

Monty, at this time I don't have any further questions on this subject. Thanks for getting back with me and see y'all (again) on the 4th.

Does anyone have a pulse on how many Reverse Race / Blindfold Race / Demo cars that are ready out there?

There is a purse of $1,050 up for grabs with that.

And, this is a three tiered points event. Points awarded equally for each of the three competitions. Could do great in the Reverse Race and great in the Blindfold Race and then bad in the Demo Derby and still walk away with the $500 winner's money. Also, remember the Blindfold Race requires a passenger.

So, anyone got a pulse on how many cars are ready to go for this?

Hot Off The Press!

We've received $200 more in sponsorship money for the Limited Modifieds.... This makes a total increase to the purse of $2,200 for Limiteds at this point. $400 extra will be for the winner and $1,800 extra divided equally through the field on top of the normal payout! Just can't hardly beat this deal!

It is now $1,000 to win in Limited modifieds on July 4th.

The 10 pairs of tickets given away for July 4th on KMKS Hot Country 102.5 and it was a big hit. Winners were scattered all around their listening area including, Rosenberg, Palacios, Victoria, and El Campo, just to mention a few.

The 10 pairs of tickets from KIX 107.9 will be given away this week and some at the live remote on July 4th. Commercials for both 102.5 and 107.9 hit the air starting on Monday, June 30th.

We did the interview with Bob Nason at 1390 AM on Thursday and that was fun. Bob will be airing pieces of that during the week of June 30th.

As a point of interest for the fans. The general admission price will only be increased by $2 for the July 4th show! General Admission is $12, and senior citizens will be $10.

The 5 day countdown to July 4th has begun!

-Monty

Archived