Full moon somewhere

firemdk

I have to say that in all my years I've never seen such bizzare driving as I did last night at HMP. The night started out with the Bandolero class in their first race of the day with some of the roughest driving I've seen from these youngsters. I'm just glad that mine was not running in that points race so he got to sit out and watch the crazyness from the stands. It got so bad that while trying to black flag one of the youngsters who would not come off the track they had to you yellow to get him off the track.

To make things worse later that night in the Pro Modified race, the race had to literally go red twice to get two of the modifieds off the track after being black flagged under green, then yellow and eventually red. Come on guys, I know it's an interesting thing for the crowd to watch but that's not very good sportsmanship.

After getting home from the race I picked up the replay of the days race for the nationwide guys and there was some bizzare passing, bumping and pushing that went along also. The final event of the day and such a tragedy in motorsports was the loss of Scott Kallita. I had the chance to meet scott at this past race in Houston and what an absolute class act in motorsports. The thoughts and prayers of my whole family go out to that family and the NHRA family for another loss.

There must have been a full moon somewhere yesterday because there was some of the strangest racing I've seen in a while.

Archived