Pro truck racing

DKL

Hello all,

I am interested in the Pro truck series but can't seem to find any info. . Can someone be kind enough to answer a few questions.

How many trucks are currently running here in Tx.?

How many races are in the series per yr?

What speedways are hosting these races?

Is this a growing class that will see future expansion or on it's way out?

What kind of payout is there for the series races?

Just any general information would be great, I currently am into another type of racing ,but it is costing to much to travel the country , looking for something to do a little closer to home. I live North of Houston TX.

tHANKS

Doug

Doug,

The four Texas asphalt short tracks got together earlier in the year to put together the information for the Pro Trucks - Thunderhll Raceway (Kyle), Houston Motorsports Park, Red River Speedway (Wichita Falls) and Corpus Christi Speedway.

I think we have about 20 registered trucks.

If you'll send me your e-mail address, I'll forward you the Texas Championship Guidelines and Schedule for 2008. My e-mail address is debbie@thunderhillraceway.com.

The rules can be found on the HMP website, as follows:

Pro Truck Rules

The purse varies by track. At THR, we pay 75% pit gate income as the purse. You'll have to contact each of the tracks or visit their websites to get their purse payout amounts.

I'll let the drivers answer some of your other questions.

It seems like it is a groing class, I have heard from several people that there are a lot of trucks around that aren't running. I would think that we should see 10 or more trucks a race through the rest of the season

We've seen a great growth this year in the truck class thanks mainly to the work of John at HMP. He, in partnerships with DDC (Directional Drilling Co) and Waste management have really brought up the purses and brought the trucks out. We are constantly looking at things to make the class better and know that this class will grow to be the feature class at any track we run.

PM me with any quesitons

Thank you to all who have replied, I plan to come out on the 5th and check out the action a little more. I am sure the economics of travel cost play a big part in who runs where in this type of racing also . I am sitting out a race in Michigan this month and next because of the same reasons, only going to do local and , maybe St. Louis till things turn around. I am currently racing outboard tunnel boats ,btw.

Doug

Archived