Drought over Junior wins Michigan

kamosel

:blink: NASCAR official Jim Hunter said that Earnhardt did not violate a rule, saying that he needed only to maintain "a reasonable speed or a reasonable pace" behind the pace car and that once Earnhardt was warned not to surge ahead of it, Earnhardt complied.

Kenseth didn't see it that way.

"There's nothing wrong with going down on the apron. It's everybody's idea to save fuel -- but I didn't think you could pass the pace car," Kenseth said. "The leader would stand on the gas and go 10 car lengths ahead of the pace car and shut the motor off. I thought it was confusing and I had to stay closed up."

I thought the rule was you could not pass the pace car or you would have to go to the back. That is the rule

I was taught a long time ago.

So I guess it's okay if your #88. :huh:

Lenny66 B)

I don't know why Kennseth or Vickers would be complaining I have watched the video shown on nascar.com several times and I did see Junior get beside the pace car but never 10 car lengths in front of it. And another thing they aren't even in the top 12 in points, my opinion is they didn't win and they are crying over something that they can't change. All I have to say to them is grow up, accept it and move on.

If they had black-flagged Jr., they wouldn't have been able to restart the race with the litter on the track.

Now that right is the truth if I ever heard it.

There for a while I thought NASCAR was trying to make him lose the race by staying yellow so long.

GREAT Job Jr.

NA$CAR won't ever be able to enforce the pace car rule the same way again.I understand their dilema,and probably would have done the same thing.There were three different times the 88 coasted past the pace car,as seen on reply on my DVR.If they black flagged him they may not have had enough security there.It was not a "favoratism" call but a "security" call.Unfortunately they will have to live with people getting bigger head starts on yellow flag pitstops now.The 83 and 17 would have lost to the 9 anyway so I'm sure 1 or 2 quick comments about it is all either one will do.

Congrats to the 88 bunch.It goes to show you that consistant top five runs almost always eventually end up becoming wins.The championship is a definate possibility this year.

So what's up with the 24 gang this year?

Edited by Turbo-Diesel