Caught in the Act

ProTree

I thought this pic was pretty neat from "The Clash of the Titans" this past weekend taken by Ryan Burleson of Alamoride.He caught me watching the drivers hands in the non-electronics class to see if he was using any buttons on the steering wheel to launch the car during the race.

post-59-1213310250_thumb.jpg

he was racing in both classes,so i watched him in footbrake evertime he ran.he kept his hands on top of the wheel.everytime a car's running both classes, you got to watch em,they're racers-lol

ryan mcdonnell in the pic driving the vette roadster.he's very,very,good.a $$$$ maker.their team has 3 cars and it doesnt matter which one he's driving,he'll win in it.Yep,mike ran a 7.2 @ 208 last nite.He's getting it iron'd out.Just need to get it to hold more boost down lo.Sixty foot dropped .2 last nite,so it's going in the right direction.From 100ft on it starts cookin big time.I lined him up for the run from burnout to stage.I work with his crew guys when they're testing on where to line him up,and how to read the line and then discuss after the run how the car launched,tracked,if the bars where to hi or lo,shock settings,tire print, etc.We've been in discussions,I may travel to a few races with him and serve as his track tech when the cars sorted out.It's to costly to travel a thousand miles and have nagging problems.Want to get the problems solved and then travel.I was with him on his quickest,a 7.0 and now the fastest,208.Shouldn't be long,it will crack the 6 sec zone.

I think he got in the 7.80's with the old outlaw car, then he bought this one from marsh a few years back and I believe this is his fastest but for nmra trim if he can get consistent .90's he will be in the heat

Archived