Thunderstock Feature

Under 10 cars 15 laps over 10 20 laps

Thanks

Mike

Soooo.........your premier weekly racing series(highest car count, only V-8 class, etc) so far this year has run 15 lap features and if you EVER have over 10 cars show up on the same night it will be a 20 lap feature? 15 laps sounds closer to being a heat race. Maybe you could get more cars to pull from out of town(I know of two) if you would consider running a 25-35 lap feature. Thunder Hill runs a 30 lap/30 min feature and Houston runs a 40 lap feature(with 10-12 cars) for this class and both tracks run more classes each night. How many people do you think would want to haul there car over 100 miles one-way with diesel at $5.00 a gallon to run a 15 lap feature? Give those out of town cars a little incentive to make the trip!

Matthew,

First of all we have had over 10 cars and I dont think that more laps will help your diesel cost ? We have paid 100% full purse all year with no exceptions ! We had a big show a few weeks ago 30 laps by the way and paid full purse. The racers at this track do a outstanding job week in and week out getting new cars to the track. I think they appreciate everything we are doing you have been here once this year with one car. We will have over 10 cars shortly as soon as everyone is back together. I will tell you that the 8 to 9 cars in my Thunderstock class our some of the best racers around. If you want to make the trip and try to place with them come on up. We have a show on July 4th weekend it will be 30 laps. We have revised our lap counts and had discussed it this weekend. If you want to know more on what is going on feel free to call me before getting on here and stating something that is not clear. I will start a new thread in regards to lap counts. I had posted what our lap counts have been we planned on covering this week in our drivers meeting where topics like this oour handled. I want to thank all of our drivers for your support and all the drivers that have been traveling to Red River Speedway this year ! I am going to post the new lap procedures on another thread and I think everyone will enjoy it !

Thanks

Mike Cooper

General Manager

Red River Speedway

940-636-5258

First of all this is not a bash or a negative post towards Mike Cooper or RRS. No, if I run more laps it's not going to help my diesel cost but if I spend $300 and all day getting the car ready to bring to the track I would like to run more than a 15 lap feature. That can't be that hard to understand. I'm sure many racers would agree.Also, when were there over 10 cars that started the Thunderstock feature(Date)?Just curious since you stated as such. Also' you said I stated something that wasn't clear? What's not clear???? I ask you why you don't run longer feature events on a weekly basis for your premier weekly ASA sponsored racing series.I ask these questions on this forum, because when one person has a question, it's likely that other people were wondering the same thing and just hadn't ask(maybe they were afraid to ask).This can be a very effective means of communication.

Matthew Hicks

#02 Thunderstock

Allstate Insurance

Fort Worth, TX

817-237-9827

Archived