NasKart series gets the Royal Treatment at Red River

Pulling into Red River Speedway on Friday afternoon we were in aw of the facility. Huge Grand stand, simmilar to a football stadum. Drag strip next door. This is one fine facility.

The track was larger than we expected. With concrete walls all around. At first it was a little intimidating.

After checking into our hotel rooms at the local Comfort Inn. ( comped by the track ) We headed out to the track for praactice. We had all afternoon and into the night to practice and get the karts set up. The track was very fast and we were flat out through the whole track.

We had 3 blown motors throughout the weekend. This track really put the karts to the test.

Highlight of the weekend was the opening cerimony for the NasKart Main where each driver was brought out onto the track and introduced to the fans via brand new Ford pick up trucks.

By the way , the stands were full. The Red River Promotions folks had been running TV and Raido ads all week promoting the Late Models and the NasKarts Comming to town.

With the crowd cheering we were all introduced. Couldnt have been any cooler.

Then we fired up the karts for the main. It was a great race for the fans and for us NasKart Guys.

The Late Modles also put on a great show. The fans loved it all. We got a chance to see some of the best Late Model racing. An added bonus to our weekend.

We had and needed a lot of track time to get the karts set up for this track.We practiced Friday and also had practice sessions on Saturday. We then had individual qualifing to set the grid for the 15 lap heat race. Then we had a 30 lap Main later in the evening just befor the late molel feature.

The 30 lap main was very taxing. This is a fast track and took everything we had stamana wise to hold the karts in the bottom grove, which was the fast way around the track. We had one yellow for another expired kart. As usual we didn,t have any wrecks although I think all the drivers were very careful because of the looming walls at every turn.

When you are traveling at 70MPH in a kart 1 inch off the ground and no roll cage or seat belts the last thing you want to do is hit a concrete wall.

We and a blast and now we are looking forward to next Saturday Night at Thunder hill.

For us the contrast of the 2 tracks is like Taladega vs. Bristol. Both venues are fun .

This NasKart thing is about as much fun as anyone should be allowed to have. Any of you older guys who have always wanted to race but never thought you would have the chance should consider this NasKarts Racing Series.

GOOD REVIEW SMITTY. BUT IT IS OK TO TELL WHO DOMINATED THE QUALIFYING,1ST HEAT,AN THE MAIN. MY BOY TRAVIS ROBERTS TOOK CARE OF BUSINESS. REALLY MISSED NOT BEING ABLE TO GO,BUT IT WAS OUR TIME TO WIN. I INTEND TO USE MY OTHER MOTOR, MY BACKUP MOTOR,TO GET MEGAN READY FOR SAT NIGHT. ALL REPORTS I HAVE HEARD WAS A FANTASTIC SHOW YOU GUYS PUT ON ,AN THE CROWD LOVED EVERY LAP. LATER,SEE YA TUESDAY. ..............OH, I HEARD THAT CHRIS WORKED HIS BUTT OFF AN GOT THE #42 KART HAULING,GREAT JOB CHRIS ,AN THE REST OF YOU GUYS THAT HELPED ALL NIGHT LONG. LATER..BEANER..........

Archived