Thanks Texana and Drivers

vl racing

Thanks Bruce and crew for not throwing your hands in the air and calling it a washout. I also want to thank all of the drivers who drove around at $9/gallon and helped whip the track back into shape and we ended up with one of the finest/fastest racing surfaces that I've driven on. Hats off to everyone who helped turn a potential disaster into a memorable night of racing. Oh and I almost forgot, Thanks to the fans that stayed after the down pour to watch some super fast racing.

According to a former Presidential wannabe, "it takes a village to raise a family". It took a full team effort to get back to racing last night, and that being staff crew and racing teams. It turned out to be a great night that at one moment looked doomed.

The stands were packed for the night, and it looked as though hardly anyone departed after the shower. By, the way, the .50 hot dogs and .50 sodas were a big hit. We sold 295 hot dogs before running out before intermission. We'll do that again for the fans, prolly next season, and we'll have more stocked. Didn't quite expect to sell that many.

Feature race summaries should be posted by tonight. Thx to everyone for everything!

Even after the shower, regrouping, and repacking I thought we still got done at a respectable time. The gocart races were awesome! Big fan favorite, now you cant wait til next season to bring them back. That needs to come back before the end of the year. Alot of carts and they obviously paid for themselves.

I agree!!

Yesterday was our first time there racing...what a great facility, the staff was absolutly great and everyone was very friendly to the "newbies"!!! :)

We had a great time and this being our first race, we finished even better than we thought!!!

Thanks to all who helped out and thanks to the Texana staff!

Lenae

40F modified crew

Thanks Bruce and crew for not throwing your hands in the air and calling it a washout. I also want to thank all of the drivers who drove around at $9/gallon and helped whip the track back into shape and we ended up with one of the finest/fastest racing surfaces that I've driven on. Hats off to everyone who helped turn a potential disaster into a memorable night of racing.

I'll agree that is was the best surface I've raced on yet at Texana.

And thanks to the track for alloting the time necessary to get the track in a condition to race on. Yes it made for a long night (considering it's a 105 mile pull back home from Edna), but not a wasted on becasue we were still able to race.

($4.25/gall here... Methanol <_< )

I agree!!

Yesterday was our first time there racing...what a great facility, the staff was absolutly great and everyone was very friendly to the "newbies"!!! :)

We had a great time and this being our first race, we finished even better than we thought!!!

Thanks to all who helped out and thanks to the Texana staff!

Lenae

40F modified crew

Glad you came over. I missed your name when I got the results. Can you remind me? and the town

thx in advance

Even after the shower, regrouping, and repacking I thought we still got done at a respectable time. The gocart races were awesome! Big fan favorite, now you cant wait til next season to bring them back. That needs to come back before the end of the year. Alot of carts and they obviously paid for themselves.

Good point. The kids loved that. Let us look at a couple of the dates where we don't have extra stuff. Maybe like Sept. 6th..??

Its my dad that races the car.

His name is Steve Fite and hes from Bastrop, Texas.

We came all the way from Cedar Park (about 15 mins. outside of Austin)

Some of the best racing we've seen!! Never seen my dad smile that big! :D

We'll definatly be back!

Its my dad that races the car.

His name is Steve Fite and hes from Bastrop, Texas.

We came all the way from Cedar Park (about 15 mins. outside of Austin)

Some of the best racing we've seen!! Never seen my dad smile that big! :D

We'll definatly be back!

Very glad y'all had a good time. I lived in Pflugerville from 1987 to 2001. Don't know if you know Steve Miller, but he came down from Georgetown a few times last year. That was a long haul from Cedar Park, and we are sure glad you came down our way. We're very lucky that y'all and many othersw make such long hauls to participate at Texana. In it's rural and hidden location, Texana is known as one of the best kept secrets in Texas racing.

My name is Monty Chamberlain and I do the track promotions. I went to dirt tracks around the DFW metroplex all throughout my teens and I've never seen the level of comradare that I've seen at Texana. I know we all have things we'd like to see different at one track or another, but we've got three huge things going our way. 1. The best fans in the state. I've never seen fans as supportive as Texana's. They're the best. 2. The teams that compete. They all want to help each other and work collectively for the good of the sport. Can't ask for much better participants and close competition. 3. An owner that has made significant investments in physical property improvements during 4 years of ownership, and continues with incremental enhancements each year. He does it because he enjoys watching good racing and enjoys providing a place where others can enjoy the sport they love.

Thank you again for coming down and hurry back soon! Once, you've been to Texana, your part of the Texana Family. Also, mark your calendar and join in the USMTS 3 day show in November. That one's gonna be great!

-Monty

We do know Steve Miller...My dad started out racing in some of the USMTS races last year when he got his car together, we pitted next to Steve the very first race and hes been a friend ever since...such a great guy! He showed me and my mom how to put on the tear offs on the helmets and all the little stuff that we needed to do!! :)

He was suppost to come and race with my dad this weekend, but hadnt heard why he didnt come.

I just love going to a track and everyone is so friendly! I've been to places where no one wants to talk to anyone except for the people that they know...so it was good for us!! We kinda made a joke how we should travel in packs b/c we didnt know anyone, but it was a good time for us! :lol:

We do know Steve Miller...My dad started out racing in some of the USMTS races last year when he got his car together, we pitted next to Steve the very first race and hes been a friend ever since...such a great guy! He showed me and my mom how to put on the tear offs on the helmets and all the little stuff that we needed to do!! :)

He was suppost to come and race with my dad this weekend, but hadnt heard why he didnt come.

I just love going to a track and everyone is so friendly! I've been to places where no one wants to talk to anyone except for the people that they know...so it was good for us!! We kinda made a joke how we should travel in packs b/c we didnt know anyone, but it was a good time for us! :lol:

Well come on by the trailer we will take ya around and introduce yall to everybody, give ya some sweet tea, and shoot the breeze and tell lies about racecars....lol

Steve and his wife are really fun to hang out with, regular party animals....we stayed out at the track last july 4th and hung out at the side-by-side races and had a blast till like 2am

The gocart races were awesome! Big fan favorite, now you cant wait til next season to bring them back. That needs to come back before the end of the year. Alot of carts and they obviously paid for themselves.

The people have spoken. Go-Karts are added on one more time for this season. Mark your calendar for Sept. 6th. We'll add the Go-Karts to Sept. 6th on the Texana website schedule.

Archived