Saratoga Speedway

txhotmod

There are parties very interested in leasing Saratoga Speedway

for the 2004 season and beyond---

Please give some serious thought and then post on here what

the promoters can do to make this track a place where you

want to come race and enjoy racing like its supposed to be.

First, we need to address the reasons WHY in the past it has never

lasted more that one season--give this some thought and be

objective in your replys.

Second, What do you want to see the promotors do to make

this track a success.

If you as a racer---a fan---a sponsor--- or just someone interested

in racing have ideas --PLEASE--lets hear what everybody has to say

We want all imput you can give -----we also understand that to invest in this venture it must be able to make a profit--small but at least a profit---

Any and all ideas will be appreciated

thanks

This last season I raced at Saratoga until it closed. When people asked where I was racing they either didn't know it was open or had reopened. Some even didn't know that the track existed. Others only knew of the asphalt track and it had left them disappointed. Advertisment would be a great asset to filling the stands. It's a EXCELLENT facility with one draw back. The pits and parking hold water when it rains. Rain outs are a pain as everyone knows. Give it a shot. If you need help getting the place ready I bet a lot of people would help just to have a local track to race.

Reopening Saratoga would be great for the local dirt racers. Car count has been good in the past. But getting people in the stands has been weak. I think more advertisment is needed. Without advertising it will be hard to go head to head with the local asphalt track.

Thank you for showing interest in Saratoga Speedway. It can be a great place to race if it can be operated correctly. 1. Improve pits and parking, there is virtually no drainage. No spectator wants to be stuck in the mud after the races are over. 2. Track preparation, you will need euipment to maintain and prepare track. Last person who leased track would not spend money to get equipment, manager nearly wore out his personal tractor to do the best he could for track prep. 3. Advertise, advertise, advertise. Maybe try 1$ less admmission than the competition. Along with this allow kids 12 ander under free with paid adult, the competition does. 4. NO LONG INTERMISSIONS!!!!! This happened when track re-opened two years ago, crowd was strong at first, but got tired of looking at an empty track for 1-1 1/2 hours BORING! There should be enough cars and fans to support this track, it was doing pretty good as South Texas Speedway before the person who was purchasing track ran into serious financial trouble and lost the track. Finally, if the lease agreement goes through, consider leaving current rules as is, there are a lot of cars sitting around ready to race.

• 2 weeks later...

It would be great if Saratoga opened again and as others said lots of people had no idea there was a dirt track that was local. I would be happy to put a link to the web site for the track on our web site as well if it does re open. You would really have to get the word out and I also hear it was kind of exspesive to race there.

We have 3 bomers and a modifed we would bring out if it re opens. Let us know. We would be more then happy to help get it opened again. If you need a web site designed let me know I could help with that as well.

Oh okay Racer 26,

I was not sure how much it was to get in the pits at Saratoga. I know at the time we looked into racing over there the season before last we where only paying 15. to get in the pits at CC then it went up last season to 17 now 20 which seems to be about normal.

I just hope Saratoga opens back up. That would be great. It really looked to be a nice track.

Archived