#09 SS Chris Birmingham

racn-nut

I really gained a lot of respect last evening for the THR ASA A-Line #09 Super Stock team, and specifically Chris Birmingham, for coming over to our pit and apologizing for taking out the #20 SS in turns 3-4 last evening. As video would support, Mark Mathias was on his inside, at his door, going into turn 3, and the #09 went high to 'diamond' the turn. Obviously, leaving the low line open, Mark dove in the hole, preceding to turn 4. What we didn't expect, however, was for the #09 to come back down to the low line, which he did. Mark went down to the rumble strips, and checked up as hard as he could, but the #09 struck us, turning both vehicles. Unfortunately, the #20 got called in what was determined to be a 'racing incident' by track officials and sent to the rear of the field.

Chris was good enough to accompany us to see the race director, explain what had happened, and confirmed to the race director that the #20 got a bad call in this particular case. Needless to say, the call to send us to the rear of the field hurt us badly in the Championship points. When both drivers go to the race director and state it was a bad call, it should send a message to the track officials.

What Chris did was a very classy move, and quite unexpected, but earned him a ton of respect from me and the rest of the #20 SS team.

I really gained a lot of respect last evening for the THR ASA A-Line #09 Super Stock team, and specifically Chris Binghamton, for coming over to our pit and apologizing for taking out the #20 SS in turns 3-4 last evening. As video would support, Mark Mathias was on his inside, at his door, going into turn 3, and the #09 went high to 'diamond' the turn. Obviously, leaving the low line open, Mark dove in the hole, preceding to turn 4. What we didn't expect, however, was for the #09 to come back down to the low line, which he did. Mark went down to the rumble strips, and checked up as hard as he could, but the #09 struck us, turning both vehicles. Unfortunately, the #20 got called in what was determined to be a 'racing incident' by track officials and sent to the rear of the field.

Chris was good enough to accompany us to see the race director, explain what had happened, and confirmed to the race director that the #20 got a bad call in this particular case. Needless to say, the call to send us to the rear of the field hurt us badly in the Championship points. When both drivers go to the race director and state it was a bad call, it should send a message to the track officials.

What Chris did was a very classy move, and quite unexpected, but earned him a ton of respect from me and the rest of the #20 SS team.

I second that motion Bob.

Archived