Sad news from Corpus Christi

NickHolt

From the Corpus Christi Caller-Times:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Betty Ann Rapp, 77, of Corpus Christi, passed away on Monday, December 22, 2003 at her residence. She was born on September 4, 1926 in Granite City, Illinois. She is preceded in death by her husband, Chuck Rapp in 1998.

She is survived by her son, Ricky Rapp of Corpus Christi; two daughters, Betty Ann (Jerome) Cassell of Birmingham, Alabama and Muffin (Danny) Adkins of Corpus Christi; one sister, Sharon (Danny) Logston of La Grange, Missouri; one sister-in-law, Dodo (Mike) Miekamp of Granite City Illinois; three grandchildren, Kendra Adkins, Becky Cassell and Jody Cassell; one great grandson, Gregory Cassell.

Public visitation will be from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. on Friday, December 26, 2003 at the Cage-Mills Funeral Home.

Funeral services are scheduled for 11:00 a.m. on Saturday, December 27, 2003 at the Cage-Mills Funeral Home Chapel.

Graveside services are scheduled for 11:15 a.m. on Monday, December 29, 2003 at Fort Sam Houston National Cemetery in San Antonio, Texas.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Rick's parents were truly down-home, just plain nice folks. It was my privilege to have known them both. My thoughts and prayers are with Rick in his time of personal loss.

Nick Holt

Nick,

Thanks for sharing this info with us. Ricks parents were at nearly every race that Rick ran. I, like you truly consider it a privaledge to have known Mr. & Ms. Rapp. They were and still are people that I have and will continue to remember as some of the nices folks I have ever had the priviledge to meet.

Rick,

If you read this know that me and my wife have thought about you and your parents on a number of occasions over the last few years. Know that you and your family are in our prayers in this difficult time. Yuo my friend have been truely blesses with parents that loved you. And along the way were loved by many.

Mark Shurbet

Guest Mary Ann Naumann

Rick, I just spoke to your Mom least than a month go, looking for your telephone number, she was so kind! I never personally meet your parents, but always heard such nice things about them and you are proof of their kindness. Our prayers are with you and your family.

Nick thank you for informing the racing community of such a loss. That is just one more important reason this website is so great.

Sincerely,

H.E. & Mary Ann Naumann

Archived