Texana Bombers can Run this Sunday at Corpus

texana55

Attention, Attention....

I talked with Owen Pitmann from South Texas Speedway (STS) in Corpus Christi earlier today. STS will be allowing home track rules to run with the Pure Stocks this Sunday, May 25th. This means that Texana Bomber Rules are allowed to run with the STS Pure Stocks this Sunday, May 25th.

Arterberry, Tony Stolar, me and some others ran with them on a special Sunday holiday race a couple of years ago and it was very fun. The STS Pure Stocks and the Texana Bombers are closely competitive with each other. A few of the STS guys came up and raced with us a couple times last year when STS was rained out.

I'd like to gather up several of the Bombers to go and have a fun night this Sunday. Also, I think you'll enjoy the guys running in the Pure Stocks down there. Good group of drivers. And,,,,, if you were to happend to break something, you'll have until June 7th to get it fixed. B)

Brian McDevitt and Gary Wright talked with me last Saturday wanting to know about this race. I don't have their phone #'s, but if you do, send me a PM and I'll give them a call.

How about it? If anyone is interested in going, call me by Friday (979/332-2325) and we can work out a plan to convoy down there and back.

Four of us going now for the Sunday race, and four more on the fence that I've talked with.

As a point of interest, a sponsor has posted $50 in fuel assistance money for the highest placing visiting team (ie; non-registered STS driver) running with the Pure Stocks on Sunday. Don't have to win, just be the highest placing visiting car running with Pure Stocks. Could be a Texana car, could be an I-37 car, who knows. If the highest placing visiting driver running with Pure Stocks is 5th for example, they will get the $50 in fuel assistance money added to their pay envelope.

Would be great to have several Texana cars go and show everyone what a great group of folks we have in Bombers. Would likely encourage them to visit us for an event in the future.

Archived