Transponders

mikec

Can you go to mylaps.com and see your info from your transponder

Nope...you can't. I asked last year about getting them there and was told something about the program wasn't compatible (I think...not sure, been a while). You can ask for a print out and is the person hasn't left yet, you can get it.

Nope...you can't. I asked last year about getting them there and was told something about the program wasn't compatible ...

There are a few points I like about the track, including the people running the track. I just wish, along with a couple of other points, that they would have gone with the AMB transponders (the red transponder like the ones used at HRP and HMP) instead. I've got 2 AMB transponders (one wired, one rechargeable) that I can't use at TRP. And because I can't use my transponders, I'm out another $15 every time I run at TRP.

Can you go to mylaps.com and see your info from your transponder

Let me go do some further research on this and I'll post info here in a few days. mylaps.com is tied in with the AMB product and for posting data from AMB products, but I'll research to see if we have other options or what else we might be able to do.

I know the printing sure does create a lot of paper, but the data is sure good to match up against a video for post-event analysis. I have one other idea, but I'll hold saying what it is until I determine how much work it would be. :unsure:

Anyway, I'll post info from my research up here in a few days.

-Monty

Here's the results of my research. The connection with mylaps.com and the AMB products are propietary and mylaps.com is for AMB products.

We, use the Westhold scoring system. You can buy your own transponder for this system, just as with AMB. Both companies have a variety of customers across the country and are fine systems. We simply chose to go with Westhold, and many tracks use this. This is our third year of using the Westhold product and it is a great system.

I've found out that there is a beta site for uploading data for Westhold which I will look at to see if we could easily upload the data following an event. I'll do testing on that and discuss with Bruce my results. If this works, we could eliminate paper printing all together and simply provide the web address, just like going to mylaps. Time availability to do the testing will be my biggest challenge. Also, speednetdirect.com has some free software that we can use to post results quick and easy (not lap times, but overall results for each class). I received instructions from Speednetdirect on the freeware and will test it as time permits also.

So, for at least the next event, prolly won't have this functioning, but it looks promising soon. I'll let you know when we get to where we're going!

-Monty

Archived