Announcing the "Texas Pro Sedans Driver Point Fund"

Hey everyone,I know we are three races into the Texas Pro Sedan season and I have been really busy but I finally have time to dedicate to the drivers point fund to help out the racers.Last season at the drivers awards dinner I handed out money to the drivers in the first,second and third place in points,this seemed to go over well, so after asking Neil Upchurch for his permission I will be in charge of the points fund for 2008.I hope to have this fund built up so at the end of the season there might be a nice payout for some"over the winter"car repair.I think it is very important,now even more due to the prices of "everything"skyrocketing,that we help out the drivers and crews that work so hard to be able to just make it to the races.I hope that any and everyone that can, will help me out with donations to this fund.

I would also like to ask the drivers for any pictures,memorabilia,car parts,etc. to donate to this fund and I will post these items on Texasspeedzone to be given to the highest donation for each item by a set date.

In the drivers fund currently there is $150.00,of this money $50.00 was donated by Bill Stipe and $100.00 was donated by Larsen Aircooled Racing Engines,as the season continues Neil will update the members as to the amount of the fund as donations come in,to what place in points the fund will be paid is not determined yet,but I am hoping at least down to 5th or 6th place.

So come on drivers and crews, and most of all fans if you have anything to donate please contact me at (512)921-2241.....................Randy Larsen former driver of the #53 Texas Pro Sedan "Herbie" :D

Thanks to everyone,and lets have a great year of racing!!!.........................

Hey Randy: You wrote "Hey everyone,I know we are three races into the Texas Pro Sedan season".

Actually, TPS contested their 4th race on May 10 at THR.

TPS members thank Randy Larsen for offering to be the Chairman of the fund

Archived