May 17th Race Night and Looking Ahead

TRP

First off, we want to compliment the teams for the excellent racing which translated into an excellent show for the fans on May 10th. 107 race teams and a fantastic show with fans walking away feeling they really got their money's worth. As I was announcing, I noticed that most everyone stayed right down to the final lap of the modifieds. A large crowd was on hand this week in the stands. I had a good time announcing, so thank you also for tolerating me. And, thank you to Mickeys Towing and Mid Coast Wrecker for donating a couple of cars so Bruce and I could provide a little comic relief during the Spectator Race. Thank you to all of the teams for a great race night. You are appreciated!

We will have the annual Kids Foot Races this coming Saturday (May 17th) at intermission. Let your friends know so they can bring their kids out and take a run down the front straight. We'll divide the kids up by age groups (likely 4 or 5 groups) and a trophy will be awarded to the winner in each group. We'll also have Doug Schmidt (driver of the #79 Texana Classic Dwarf Car) as our featured driver from 6:30 pm - 7 pm. Doug is one of the nicest people you could ever meet and it will be a real treat for the fans to meet Doug in person.

Stay tuned also, as we will be moving the Kids Go-Kart races up to June 7th (originally scheduled for June 21st). We'll still have the 50 cent Hot Dogs and 50 cent soft drinks on June 7th. We're working on something for June 21st, and will want to buy some time back that night. Detailed information about June 21st should be coming later this week.

-Monty

You did a darn good job and good songs to boot

Thanks. Had a good time up there in the booth on Saturday.

Kassey (sp?) was very impressive in the 23 car Bomber field. It's easy to see that the apple didn't fall very far from the tree with her smart driving. She'll have the gentlemen taking note as the season moves along.

-Monty

Wanted to bump this topic back up. Let's hope for one more weekend of decent weather. After this race, everyone we'll have a little breather until June 7th. It'd be great to see another turnout like May 10th and put on another fantastic show.

Remember, foot races this Saturday.

Hope everyone can make it out this weekend, May 17th and then you'll have a couple weeks down time til June 7th.

Archived