May 10th, Thunderhill, Naskart race

Hello, Just a brief update on Sat night Naskart. The 10th, mothers day. Had an excellent race, a real battle between Brian Kuemple, Megan Smith, Mike Steinman, Chris Baker. Kevin Hummel. Megan lead for 19 of the twenty lap race,she held her line all the way around,but made one slip on last lap, Brian, who trailed her the last 9 laps,finally got inside of her slip,an won by 1/2 a kart. Was a great race for the fans. Later Beaner,( Proud Grampa )

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HEY ITS MEGAN!!!

may 10th WOW

i was soo close to actually winning a race.

i mean the words cant explain how happy i was.

although i was disapointed in myself.

for making a mistake i shouldnt have.

and that ONE mistake cost me a win.

but i just wanna say thanks to steinman, my dad, grandpa and smitty.

they have always been here for me.

i love how im IMPROVING! now i know i can do it!

about the race [in my view]

it was a really good race with ALL the guys.

i mean i remeber hearing like 4 motors gaining on me.

and wattya know, its steinman and 3 others trying to pass me.

i really cant believe i held them off all bye myself or as long as i did.

and i remember seing the white flad with me in front.

my heart was beating soo fast. and i had to pee. steinman told me to hold it cuz i was gunna sweat it all out. lmao. ok then i slipped up somehow and it was a side bye side finish BRIAN taking the win. it was a "YOU HAVE TO HAD BE THERE" moment.

I will never forget the look on steinmans face. he was ACTUALLY proud of me.

and my dad. he said he almost died haha.

well lets just say it was a good early b-day preasent considering its in less than a week.

IM OLLDDDD

:D

all my love ,

Good job megan!!

Sounds like it was a great battle!

Robert, whats the latest on the 36 kart, an Allan?? We miss both of you at the track. We do have a new memder. Jim Mullins,Kart #77. Later,Haven't got ahold of Pete yet. Beaner............

The #36 kart is in several pieces. That kart will require $500-$800 bucks to be on pace. (see "best way to sell a Naskart" thread) Alan is currently working on the "pete kart". Unfortunately he has become very busy and racing has taken a back seat priority in his life.

My kart is sitting ready. Anyone can drive it at any time. I would like someone to rent it or drive it with ya'll. I plan on making a few races in the next two months when my other schedules pause. I wished there were some San Antonio locals that could bring it up and run it. Right now, I believe I have a cracked rib. It hurts like you know what. I have a race this weekend too and am afraid I might not be able to drive it. This will be my last race in that series till August, so during that time, I hope to run some with ya'll and sell my kart.

I really enjoy running with this series. I hope ya'll understand that. Right now, I'm up against a few things and have a few things going for me, so I have to do whats right.

Please encourage the group to go to Red River. The track made an effort to invite US directly and we should be so lucky. It had nothing to do with "my idea". It would be a great exposure opportunity for this excellent series.

Call me sometime.

Reach me on my cell phone: 210-316-5748

ROBERT, We are planning on going to wichitall falls. Should be like 10 karts going. I think we have found a 60' hauler with a doulie to pull it. It is a big rig,could carry 20 karts easy. We are looking for a new home,as ironrock will close in November,lease has not been renewed by the city. They want to tear down an extend the airport terminal down that way. So we, Naskarts, are looking for a building to move to when that time arrives. So, guess I'll head to bed,its 1:15 AM. Chat later....BEANER..................

Archived