Super Stocks....Southern Late Models

gary2

Hey Guys Im a friend of Gary's , I'm going to be racing with yall guys pretty soon Watch Out

Rubbin is racing.

Bring it! We had a good time again last night. Tough track for us to compete with the top late model dogs because it was too good! Carrying that extra 400 lbs like most streets stocks do puts us alittle behind but we made alot of good changes and after two weeks of changes and making adjustments we are ready to start feeding it some more horsepower. Look forward to coming back soon.

Robert you did a good job running against thoes sheet metal cars ,Chris was driving my car last night so i got to watch from the stands ,You guys put on a really good show last night.Last night was a overall all classes, GOOD NIGHT OF RACING

My name is Robert. I also know Lucky Gilbert #36. I'm in the process of getting a car and Gary2 is going to help me out with getting it ready. Yall guys dont make me step on my gas pedal a little harder than you. LOL JK I will enjoy racing with others to have fun and enjoy it.

ROBERT

RUBBIN IS RACIN

My name is Robert. I also know Lucky Gilbert #36. I'm in the process of getting a car and Gary2 is going to help me out with getting it ready. Yall guys dont make me step on my gas pedal a little harder than you. LOL JK I will enjoy racing with others to have fun and enjoy it.

ROBERT

RUBBIN IS RACIN

I think you will have fun with this group, we have! The good car count so far has been nice but also the give and take the drivers show on the track has been good as well. Nobody wants to have to fix things. It has given us the ability to drive the car on the trailer, make changes and improvements at the shop in an effort to try to keep up for the next race. My list of changes and improvements are getting smaller, lol. so bring back that dry slick track please we could use the help. Anyway another car is awesome too bad more of those Houston cars dont come, racing 16 and 17 cars is alot better then 7 and 8. See ya guys in 1 month and keep you eyes and ears open about a big July Super Stock race, we need more to step up and make it huge! :D

Thanks Gary...so...how bout that track...personally I dont like it taking rubber...but maybe randy will stop complaining about it being one groove track...lol j/k I just wish everybody would have voted with me to make the asphalt pulloffs the only tire we run...25$ tires sounded like sound idea to me....

Couple of Notes for The Super Stock Class:

1. Hats off to the owners, drivers and team members in this class. You guys are a real example for racers across the country of how to work together to keep a class alive and as it turns out now, even grow it. Personally, I've been pleasantly surprised with the good turnout we've seen, but you are all to be congratulated. You've done it. Based on last year, we felt it was important to open up the rules so the Supers and SLMS cars could participate together more easily. There is very good competition in this class. Keep up the great work together and the great racing!

2. Bruce advised that the Supers will be paid start money. In other words, the start money will continue back after 10th for however many start the feature. Several of the guys saw this last night when they received a pay envelope. We will update the Texana website soon and reflect this. Start money will be paid beyond 10th for everyone starting the feature.

3. In response to the request from the class, we will be adding the Super Stocks to the July 19th race schedule. This is our annual kids bicycle give-away and it will be great to have all classes attending on that night. Please share this across the class and make sure everyone knows as some of the guys on shift work or on-call may need to do some juggling of schedules. We'll add the class to the Texana website schedule

4. As Danielsen noted, there is big news for you guys on our July 5th Race. We have some sponsors that have comitted to adding to the July 5th purse for this class. I will be planning to announce that in the drivers meeting when the class returns to Texana on June 7th as we should have all of the specifics tied up and the extra purse collected. I will spend the four weeks between June 7th and July 5th advertising and giving recognition to the sponsors for the additional purse. We'll announce how it will be added based on the input of the sponsors and only the input of the sponsors. Right now we have three to four commitments. If you guys have connections to other businesses who would like to participate, circle the wagons, collect the money and put it in my hands June 7th. It would be really great to collect even more and have some real serious additions to the July 5th purse for Super Stocks. I am committed to marketing the heck out of this, and will be doing so following the June 7th race based on the cash we collect in hand. I'll do my best to make sure that any sponsors, who do not request to remain anonymous, get the recognition they deserve.

Most of you have my #. Call me if you have potential additional sponsors for July 5th and you want me to talk to those sponsors.

Thx - Monty

I think you will have fun with this group, we have! The good car count so far has been nice but also the give and take the drivers show on the track has been good as well. Nobody wants to have to fix things. It has given us the ability to drive the car on the trailer, make changes and improvements at the shop in an effort to try to keep up for the next race. My list of changes and improvements are getting smaller, lol. so bring back that dry slick track please we could use the help. Anyway another car is awesome too bad more of those Houston cars dont come, racing 16 and 17 cars is alot better then 7 and 8. See ya guys in 1 month and keep you eyes and ears open about a big July Super Stock race, we need more to step up and make it huge! :D

Thanks Im excited about racing. Have been for a while now just dont have a car at the moment. But will soon. Cant wait.

I would like to thank all the Supers that showed up.You guys put on a good show.Glad to see 17 cars were there ,Congrat AJ on another win ,Nice meeting you Walt.......Gary

Hey Gary : Yea nice to meet you too . Also the driver of the #70 car , (forgot his name already} got the old fart syndrome I guess , Sorry I couldn't contribute more to the show, but my clutch pooped the bed . Went out in the main ,figured I would give it a try as long as i could keep up and stay on the lead lap but it was slippin worse than in hot laps. so I droped out on the first lap and got out of everybodys way . Even though i didnt get to race I had a good time . Thanks to Bruce for paying that tow money , that sure took the sting out of my 120.00 dollar gas bill on 250 mile round trip from new braunfels . I will be there every night that I can , it sure is a nice track , the managment, all made me feel welcome and the track prep was great . Hopefully I can get the loose ends out of the car next time we race, and get out ther and mix it up a little with ya-all. Catch ya later Walt #33

Archived