NasKarts for sale

We have a few NasKarts for sale. The best way to sell your Kart is to come out and race it, and show everyone it is a competitive kart. Thunder Hill is the perfect venue to show off a good kart. If you are running up front and it dosen't break, you will attract some buyers. Otherwise , the only way to sell it will be to reduce the price. Jim found out how that works. Buy a kart cheep and spend a lot of money bringing it up to speed.

What about the guys in Bobby's situation, that can't come out? What if you wreck your kart while showing it off? What if you can't afford to run it? What if the schedule conflicts with a bunch of events you didnt plan?

I can agree that it is a good way to show off your potential sale, but sometimes things prevent that. Right now, 2 karts are for sale, there are 2 less drivers in the series. I think it would be smart for the entire group to push the sale of these karts to grow the field and regain missing members. Its the only way to make the series grow. OR we can make threads like this.

I can see what's implied here, its as obvious as it gets.

I'll try to run next month though, I have a 2 month break from my other commitments. :)

Dude........we're just trying to help. It only makes sense that a competitve kart would bring more cash and sell quicker. Obviously, there needs to be someone in the market to buy one first. I tell everyone that shows interest that there are karts available. After pushing Bobby's kart, I'm a little gunshy to make an endorsement. I know you wouldn't sell your kart unless it was up to speed, but I haven't seen it run since you fixed the head. I can't speak for the rest of the guys, but for me, I would feel better about pushing your kart if I saw that it was competitive.

*This post has been scanned by Norton and has been found to contain no secret messages, implied or otherwise.

Agreed. Its easy to run a kart when you live in austin...

For me, 2 hours total drive time, plus entry, gas and all the other b.s. just isnt on my priority list.

I think you had this same problem last year too?

Im going to get to thunderhill in a few months. Its about all I can do.

Fired the kart up yesterday, runs strong. My neighbors hate it :)

Bobby 's kart did need some work, although after all was said and done, Jim has a Fast fresh motor with all the availible modifications. His braks have been completly rebuilt and he has new graphics, with a sponsor on board. ( Alstate Insurance) Since he bought it cheep.($2500) he probably has around $3200 in it.

I may have been wrong about my original post regarding buying cheep. What could be worse is buying one at the going price of between $3500 and $3800 and then needing to do all the work that Jim had to do.

This is why I stand by my comment of racing a kart that my be for sale so folks can see how it runs and if it is competitive. We haven't had many accidents at Thunder Hill. Very unlikely that that would happen.

Kyle is in the middle between Austin and San Antonio. Only an hour round trip. Entry is $25. It would cost more than that to run an ad in the news paper. What wins on Saturday night sells on Monday.

What could be worse is buying one at the going price of between $3500 and $3800 and then needing to do all the work that Jim had to do.

I agree with that completely. Look at the #32 kart alan bought. That thing cost him $3800 bucks! That didn't even have a .100" decked head, big valves, nothin! He's got about $800 to put into it to make it compete. I guess best way to purchase a Naskart is to see it in action or drive it in a race. I think if someone wanted to buy a kart, they need to pay a deposit and run it at a club race at iron rock or at Thunderhill. Its cheap insurance to a big purchase, unless the kart is coming cheap. We know that running some laps at Iron rock aint like running a race. Just my .02

Good luck this weekend fella's.

Archived