want to buy a NasKart

Bobby Dall had his NasKart posted for sale for $2500. It sold in just a couple of days.

His kart was priced at $1300 less that the going rate for a Naskart.

Jim, the guy that bought his kart, thought he was getting a kart that needed just a few things done to it to be race ready. After we started preping the kart for last weekends race, we found the Kart was nowhere near ready to race. The motor was shot. After pulling it apart ,we found it had no bering, the rings were shot, the clutch was shot and the brakes were in need of a rebuild. Jim is now faced with a $1000 bill to get the motor rebuilt and up to snuff, but the biggest down side is that it is going to take a month or longer to get the work done.

We have a number of karts ready to race for $3800. Moral to the story, A cheep price is not always the best way to go

• 2 weeks later...
Bobby Dall had his NasKart posted for sale for $2500. It sold in just a couple of days.

His kart was priced at $1300 less that the going rate for a Naskart.

Jim, the guy that bought his kart, thought he was getting a kart that needed just a few things done to it to be race ready. After we started preping the kart for last weekends race, we found the Kart was nowhere near ready to race. The motor was shot. After pulling it apart ,we found it had no bering, the rings were shot, the clutch was shot and the brakes were in need of a rebuild. Jim is now faced with a $1000 bill to get the motor rebuilt and up to snuff, but the biggest down side is that it is going to take a month or longer to get the work done.

We have a number of karts ready to race for $3800. Moral to the story, A cheep price is not always the best way to go

yes it was a good deal, but it needed a lot of work. As of today, I have built him(Jim) a new motor,an for his first time on the track at Ironrock raceway, he ran the track at 51.666, that is super fast for a firstimer in Naskart. He is so excited,that he is about to pee in his pants. that is my third motor,an all are super fast. [edited out by Nick Holt, 5/4/08]

Sorry guys, I didn't realize it was in that bad of shape when I posted it for Bobby.

Brian, It wan't your fault about Bobby's kart. It is in good hands now,an today(sunday) Jim the new owner,after a lot of work by me, which included a new engine rebuilt by me, He has that kart looking so "hot', new graphics,an it really looks great. So, at the track today,Ironrock, Jim ran for the first time in his kart,an Posted a 51.666 ,a very good time,as all the fast guys,including my kart, run in the 50.1 to 50.9 times.Som do I need to say more?????? ROY........

I have to admit, I know Bobby didn't realize the issues with the engine. At least now, thanks to Roy Smith, the kart is faster that ever! I ran a 51.66 messing around and not even trying to hit the corners right. Mike Steinman ran it in the mid 50's for the first time in it. I will say, Oh Roy has became a great friend and a Great Engine builder! I feel like with the right driver this Kart could run a 49. It's hot! Thanks to all that supported me, Roy, Mike and Smitty! Looking forward to Saturday guys!

Good safe racing everyone!

Jim

Wow, that is fast! Can't wait to have another racer out on the track!

Brian, It wan't your fault about Bobby's kart. It is in good hands now,an today(sunday) Jim the new owner,after a lot of work by me, which included a new engine rebuilt by me, He has that kart looking so "hot', new graphics,an it really looks great. So, at the track today,Ironrock, Jim ran for the first time in his kart,an Posted a 51.666 ,a very good time,as all the fast guys,including my kart, run in the 50.1 to 50.9 times.Som do I need to say more?????? ROY........

Speaking of great driving...I have the video from the 4/26/08 race at Thunder Hill...and Megan deserves an "'at a girl" for her driving! She held off Driskall for many a lap and really had him searching for a new line to make the pass. Driskall gets an "'at a boy" for being patient and waiting for the right opportunity. I owe the win to Megan for making it tough on Driskall!

I'll bring it with me on Saturday if anyone wants to watch.

Archived