naskarts racing series

I read a post from Travis complementing Mike Steinman for a fun clean race on the road course.

Although I have not been able to make the first 2 races in the NasKart series, I have had a substitute driver for my # 20 NasKart.

Scott Aurothors who is a supurb and very clean driver stated that our last years points champion, Driscal Stalworth hammered the daylights out of him and the other front runners at last Saturdays road race at Iron Rock Raceway

Driscal won the race but should be disqualified for rough and unsportsmanship driving. We will deal with this situation at our next race on Saturday at Thunder Hill. These karts go to fast to use them as bumper cars.

Someone is going to get hurt.

I agree 100%. I was right behind Scott the first half of the race and I witnessed several of those incidents. These are track rules, not just NASKARTS series rules. I've heard Charlie announce in previous driver's meetings that rough driving would result in a DQ.

We have had this same situation occur at HCKC before with the TaG team I crew with.

Two weeks ago a driver made a clear effort to bump our driver out of lead position, ejecting our kart from the track. The driver was given the black flag and restarted at the rear. After working up through the feild, our driver fell victim to his rough driving again. The rough driver was then disqualified from the race.

I believe it should have been the track's duties to black flag driskill. Rough driving is not necessary to overcome another driver. We should be forutnate we have bumpers. Had these same infractions occured in a Tag or Shifter class...there would have been some serious words to driskill. We are no different. Same rules need to apply.

• 2 weeks later...
We have had this same situation occur at HCKC before with the TaG team I crew with.

Two weeks ago a driver made a clear effort to bump our driver out of lead position, ejecting our kart from the track. The driver was given the black flag and restarted at the rear. After working up through the feild, our driver fell victim to his rough driving again. The rough driver was then disqualified from the race.

I believe it should have been the track's duties to black flag driskill. Rough driving is not necessary to overcome another driver. We should be forutnate we have bumpers. Had these same infractions occured in a Tag or Shifter class...there would have been some serious words to driskill. We are no different. Same rules need to apply.

As one third of the board,an head man, we today met,(sunday)at Ironrock an took a hard look at the action taken. We as a board decided that Driskill will not win 1st place at the last club race,but will be moved back to 4th position an receive those 4th place points. If this doesn't get his attention,more drastice action will take place. We need driskill racing in our series,but not at the extend of someone getting seriously hurt.Coming out of a kart at 80 miles per hour could hurt pretty bad. So, Driskill take heed. Your buddy ROY BOY...........................

Hey guys and Lady! I am new to this series and agree safety comes first! Winning is fun but not at the cost of someone seriously getting hurt. I want to race with people that take others safety at hand, not someone out to win at all costs. Let's keep this clean, fun and safe.

GO FAST!

Jim #77

Archived