Snowball Derby Leftovers!

HORSEPOWER

Check out the Snowball Derby leftovers: T. Wade Welch's car gets the "Hal Goodson's Most Damaged Car To Finish" Award of the 2003 Derby. Steve Wallace sure sounded upset, he needs to watch his mouth, how old is this kid anyway? He looked pretty much like Kyle Bush did in last year's race, both young and impatient. Though, Kyle looked awesome in some races he was in this year. I would like to see one of our Texan drivers in one of those prepared Richie Wauter's super late models.

http://www.51sportsracing.com/snowball_03_...leftovers1.html

HORSEPOWER,

I think Wallace is 16, your right, if he's going to run with the big boys, he needs to grow up, maybe take a lesson in tactfulness from JR Norris. Every incident I saw Wallace get into was his own doing. The amazing thing about Welche's car is how good he could run with all that damage, at one point he was running with Casey and Freddy Q. and putting pressure on them.

FIVE FLAGS SPEEDWAY FOR SALE

Don Grassman again came in to save the Snowball Derby this year and his staff did a great job. But he informs us that the speedway is FOR SALE. There are three groups wanting to purchase the track. One of them includes NASCAR Busch Series owner James Finch and Pensacola racer Eddie Mercer. If purchases, one of the parties intends to repave the track and put progressive banking in the corners (much like Irwindale Speedway in CA).

AS POSTED IN LEFTOVERS 2 ON SPEED51.COM

Archived