Glen Breed

Winfield

Glen Breed had been driving racing cars throughout the Midwest for 15 years before he moved south to Dallas in 1920. Once in Texas, he raced his Hudson “Super Six” on such dirt ovals as the Fair Park Racetrack at the Texas State Expo in Dallas, San Antonio Speedway, and the West Texas State Fairgrounds Racetrack at Abilene before moving to San Antonio in 1921. The following year, he added Gulf Coast Speedway at Houston to his schedule and then moved his family to Austin in 1923. That year, his known racing venues included the East Texas Motor Speedway between Port Arthur and Beaumont.

At the end of the 1923 racing season, Breed sold his Hudson to Herbert Haas of San Angelo and retired to Corpus Christi where he opened a garage. It is probable that he had raced at other racetracks that we just do not know about yet.

You can find more about Glen Breed and his racing career on the following web page of my web site: http://winfield.50megs.com/BreedSt.htm I would like to learn more about Glen Breed and his racing so if you know anything about him, please let me hear about it.

Archived