Texas Teen James Buescher preps for ARCA in IOWA

JAMES BUESCHER RACE PREVIEW

Iowa Speedway

Prairie Meadows 250 – ARCA RE/MAX Series

April 19, 2008

• James Buescher’s first ARCA race in 2008 is also his first since finishing second at the ’07 season finale at Toledo Speedway after a highlight reel-worthy 50-lap duel with eventual winner and current NASCAR Sprint Cup driver Michael McDowell.

• Buescher will pilot the No. 9 WinTron Motorsports entry with team owner Kevin Cywinski atop the pit box, also serving as crew chief.

• The now 18 year-old is the youngest winner in ARCA RE/MAX Series history after claiming a win in his first series attempt last March at Lakeland.

• Success in the ARCA RE/MAX Series has been a staple for Buescher – in seven career starts, he has accumulated four top-five finishes, and six top-ten finishes. His only DNF, last August at Milwaukee, was due to engine failure but not before leading 30 laps on the day.

• Buescher is fresh off his NASCAR Nationwide Series debut for Braun Racing where he piloted the team’s No. 32 Great Clips Toyota to an 18th place finish after qualifying 17th.

TEXAS TEEN EXCITED ABOUT RETURN TO ARCA

“I’m thrilled to be back ARCA racing,” said Buescher. “Last year was a lot fun, getting that first win, but I was only allowed to race on short tracks. This year is different. I’m looking forward to going to bigger tracks and seeing what these WinTron cars can do.

“It’s always a lot of fun to drive for Kevin [Cywinski],” Buescher continued. “He’s one of those guys who truly dedicates himself to making a car better and taking in any feedback I can give him. He’s assembled a team that can win races, so I’ve put the pressure on myself to see that that job gets done.”

THE LAST TIME BUESCHER WAS ABORD THE NO. 9?

Last December, Buescher topped the speed charts at Daytona in preparation for this year’s season-opening race at the World Center of Racing. The only problem? He was only 17 years-old at the time and ineligible to compete in the actual running of the Daytona ARCA 200. Now 18, he is eligible to compete at all superspeedways and intermediate tracks.

NOT THE FIRST FORAY INTO THE HAWKEYE STATE

While this is first ARCA race at Iowa Speedway, it’s not his first visit to the track. Last October, Buescher competed in the USAR Pro Cup Series race, where he broke a transmission during his qualifying lap and still managed to earn the ninth place starting spot despite driving with one hand on the steering wheel and the other on holding the gear. The transmission problem escalated during the race, relegating him to a 23rd place finish.

BUESCHER BRINGING STRING OF MOMENTUM TO IOWA

The Plano, Texas native has had a string of top finishes dating back to the end of the 2007 season, where he earned one fourth place finish (ARCA at Salem), a runner-up finish (ARCA at Toledo), and two third place finishes (USAR Pro Cup at South Georgia and USAR Pro Cup at Lakeland). He kicked off his 2008 season with a third consecutive third place finish in USAR Pro Cup competition at Lakeland’s USA Int’l Speedway and last weekend earned a sixth place finish in his NASCAR Camping World West Series debut.

For more on James Buescher, logon to www.jamesbuescher.com.

###