TSRS @ Corpus Christi

Chuckman

That's a very good question. Was the issue of how many cars will start the feature discussed at the TSRS meeting? If so, How many will be starting in CC? 20 would be allot of cars on that track.

at the meeting the night before the banquet they talked about limiting the number of cars allowed in a race and i think they said for corpus it was around 22 or 24. the reason for this was to limit cautions and lapped cars. but i am not sure if they ever made that decision final. i also think corpus will also be a blast to race at i'm glad to see that we were able to race there this year.

SVCMNGR1,

CC is a very small quarter mile. I remember the first race I watched down there i sat wandering how in the heck they were gonna even run on it being that small. The place aint much to look at, but puts on some pretty good racing. Its banked more than thunder hill, but not as much as SAS. I think TSRS will put on a good show down there, Romco always does when they a decent car count. I remember the romco race in April of '02. they started about 26 cars and had quite a few lead changes. Damn good race. That was the night Brandon started on the outside pole, and the car died coming to the green because the fuel filter was clogged up. Also the night that Eddy Wallace got his first win. Looking forward to seeing TSRS run down there.

CC sound great.

We can race , and then go party on the beach.

WOOOOOOhooooooooooo.......

Who has an RV we can party in on the beach?

I'll bring the beer.

CC is a fun track to run.

I wish they would pave the pits.

I have not been there in several years, and maybe the pits are better now?

Victory Lane

I've been racing at CC for years, the pits are dusty. I have seen Romco race there for years and there hasn't been any flat tires in the pits that I know of.

As far as the TSRS at CC it should be a great race as long as it's only 24 or less cars. Every new class always seems to have wreck problems the first night there (Romco and TAMS), but after that first night everything works out, can't wait to see TSRS this season.

I raced there for the first time this year. I had fun. The turns seem slow and the straigtaways fast. Coming out of turn four can be a little tricky because the wall comes into the track. You can run on the outside but you have to watch for the guy inside of you.

Oh yeah, the walls don't give. I got pushed up into the wall by one of the local drivers and I barely hit it and it bent my axle. Still raced and with the wrong set of tires came in third in the heat race and fourth in the feature.

I had a blast and look forward to racing there in the TSRS class. Just hope we can all keep our cars in one piece.

I had no problem in the pits having flats (grassy and dirt), but of course they made us run street tires.

Thanks for all the information. The 50 team is really looking forward to racing there. Will TSRS be running the same night as ROMCO in CC? Is there a CC websight? Isn't this Jason's home track? Maybe we will see the little monkey if his truck will start.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived