Thank you from Ja Lane and JLR

JL85

Today, Monday, April 14, 2008, Ja Lane and Ja Lane Racing will be withdrawing from competition for the remainder of the 2008 season with the Texas Pro Sedans.

I would like to take a moment and thank the people that have helped me on the car and with this race team over the last 52 months.

First, I can't thank you enough Dad. I have been your number one fan for 36 years and your knowledge of racing, race cars, race track management far surpasses anything I could ever comprehend. Not only are you an amazing racer but you are an amazing father. If I ever could be half the man that you are it would be an honor. Thank you for being my Dad and now thank you for being an amazing Grandfather.

Mom, what can I say. You got us into this sport decades ago and what a ride it has been. You are a lot of things to a lot of different people but you are always an incredible support to people you don't even realize. There's a lot of men out there that don't know about racing what you know. Thanks for being the rock behind me and Dad for all of these years.

Now for Kevin. I know you don't want me to sell but I hope that one day you realize the scarifices that I am willing to make for you and that everything will be okay. Now we can go fishing and hiking and all the things that you want to do. We are NOT done with racing. :)

Mike Balzer. You are such a mentor. You are a great friend to so many people in your life and I am glad to be called you one of them. I greatly appreciate the time, energy, knowledge and guidance that you have afforded me and I will never for get it. Thanks you Crew Chief!

Thanks Vern and Anita Burk. You have worked so hard through so many hot months at the track. You truly have a love for this sport and I am so glad you were a great help through the good and the bad. Thanks!

Boerne Jacobson, you were around a few races but man we put you to work when you were! Thanks for everything and good luck with your new marriage. It's a huge responsibility but you are off to a great start. Thanks for everything.

Kenny Hurley. You have a been a long time family friend and you're always there for us. I appreciate the tire change the last Saturday night, sorry we couldn't get out there and wrap the race up for you and your hard work. Thank you!

A special Thank you to Maryann Naumann. I appreciate your hospitality and service to the racing community. Your presence has kept the proper racing spirit alive and well. Good luck to your future and Thank you!

Rick Day - an unbelievably honest man you are. You told me when I was right and you also told me when I was wrong. It takes a person like that to deal with tough racing calls and as friend sometimes its hard to say but you do it and keep me as well as everyone in line. Thanks!

To all our friends and competitors: Good luck with 2008 and we look forward to seeing you again!

Hasta la vista, Ja Lane and JLR "Big 85 Forever"

(Note No. 1: Ja Lane is open to any opportunities to drive in the future as a non car owner - 832-651-5850)

(Note No. 2: Please see classifieds for car for sale listing.)

post-2470-1208208306_thumb.jpg

Ja,

It sounds like you've made a very tough decision. I, for one, will miss seeing your car on the track. I hope we'll still see you in the pits and grandstands at THR. Or, better yet, I hope someone will give you the opportunity to race again. You're a class act.

Ja, we were shocked and saddened to read this. I’ve known you and your family since you were a little guy, and often heard you dream of the day when you would race. When I visited Thunderhill saw you race last August, I was impressed by your natural driving ability. Some racers take years to drive that well, and others never do. You got into some situations that all rookies do, but I knew that was just a phase.

I haven’t spoken with you lately, so I don’t know all the circumstances that led up to this, but I, too hope it’s temporary. Hopefully, you will stand back, take a deep breath and ultimately get into a situation that works for you.

Your fans and friends from 1200 miles away,

Craig, Rebecca, Hannah and Lauren

Archived