Is Thumper and that Pesky Neon OK?

ratdaddy

What was all the smoke from both cars last night? The pesky neon seemed to have got worse and Thumper seemed to barley make it for the win. I tell you guys what, that was an exciting split on the backstretch, you guys rock. Thanks for the show.

well, it looks like the neon had an odd problem. oil pressure is great, water temp perfict. looks like the motor went "fat on the top end" as my dad would say. it looks like the fuel injectors went wide open. still dont know why. thats not good. the motor seems fine but its not good to put that much fuel in there, it laid out at 7000rpm. all 4 plugs are cleaner than crap, no oil. just wet. prolly pull that motor out anyway and put the old one back in. funny thing is with all the smoke and water coming from G.B.s car I thought I might win this one lol!

Well Thumper went to teck on 3 cyls.Tore the engine down Sunday afternoon and found the head gasket leaking in several places and #4 piston broken on 2 lands.The fan wire had broken at the soldered end from vibration over several years.One more lap and I would have burnt totally up.I am not sure I can get all the repairs done by this weekend.The head went to the machine shop this morning.

Charley and Johnny had a close finish,it took a while to determan who was where.Overall it was a great nite of racing except for the attrition.Anthony came back to a 2 finish after a hard wall crash in the heat.Nellie got her engine broke in and everyone I talked to was excited about racing again instead of worrying about the future of the track.All classes had more cars.

The sad note was saying goodby to Mr Yocum.I believe he would have been satified with the performance of all the racers and staff AND would have enjoyed seeing the happy faces of the fans who got to see the racing.I am grateful to Mr and Mrs Rhoads for continueing the tradition that is CC Speedway and Shawn for all his hard work.Looks like the future is bright.

And that Pesky Neon made Thumper run his guts out....literaly :angry:

Archived