Saturday Night Results and Write Up

TRP

I'm heading out of town this morning and won't be able to post the entire race write-up / summary, until Monday evening, but here are some quick winner results:

Mini's had 16 entries... Very impressive... #72 Zach Tesch won.

Dwarfs # 19 Andrew Cline Jr. won, and did a great job. I think they had 24 cars

Bombers #1 Nick Moore won his first ever Bomber feature. Very good driving by a very young driver and he really used his noggin.

Limiteds # 10 Aaron Hudgeons won. Looked like it would be Paul White's race, but a very late race incident sideline Paul.

Super Stocks - #52 A J Dancer won with #83 Randy Stevenson with him all the way. Good run by all.

Modifieds. #2w Paul White won. The mods went with no cautions.

-Monty

That was about the most fun we have had at a race track in several years. We have some home work to do to get the chassis closer but we were very happy rounding out the top 5 with a pretty good car count and fast cars to boot! To everyone reading what made it even better was something so small and simple! Just about every track official came by and talked with us and showed how much they cared us being there. From the tech man to the flagman and even the owener thanked us for coming! Even several drivers came by to thank us for coming which made the 3.5 hour trip all worth it. We will be back for the remaining 5 Southern Late Model races on the schedule and what do you know they paid the purse they have had posted on their website, which by the way is a good purse and we appreciate it. Races were finished at 11:45. See you guys in one month, keep up the great job we got a few nuts and bolts to adjust to get ready to come back.

I'm glad yall had a good time visiting our humble little racetrack. We enjoy seeing new faces, and I'm sure the fans do as well. The heavy northwest winds and sunshine didn’t play to the favor of the spectators though (or the racers for that matter), I'm sure they were covered in silt, and rubber when they left, but if it was tight, rail to rail racing with some drama, well they got their moneys worth.

I would also like to thank Tony Burnett and Mickey Helms (again!) for putting my daughter Krystal in the #838 tinkerbell(lol) ministock, and letting her catch the racing bug. She was grins from ear to ear when she crawled out of that racecar. I may have to sell the limited to fund her ventures from this point on. Thanks again guys!

Glad you had a good time we enjoyed you guys running with us .You gave our sheet metal cars a good run,NICE thanks again for coming,I think we will be off at both tracks for the bike giveaway,Maybe if we can give Bruce some good feedback and some cars, He might let us race that night,Need all the supers,SLM, drivers to hound him on it if everone wants to

Danielsen - You guys ran darn good. On a side note, I place the TOPS race that you brought in 2005, and I had the privilege of driving in at Texana, as one of my top 3 most memorable races. Started in the back of about a 20 car field and worked to 2nd when it was all over. Thank you for coming down, we know it was a long haul and very glad you guys made the haul.

VL - Your daughter was impressive her first time out. I was talking to her before the races and she was very nervous, but must have shook that off pretty quick. She did awesome her first night out and the entire family is proud, I'm sure. It is truly something special for a father to share this hobby / sport with our kids. Also, I am now a card carrying member of the numerous individuals that Mickey Helms has lent a helping hand to, and it payed off by the way I was running in my heat.

Gary - You were looking good in that heat, and I also was impressed with the Supers. How many did y'all have?

I understand we had 104 entries, and that was with the Hot Stock Trucks scheduled off. Would have been about 120 with them there. I counted 16 ministocks and that is truly an impressive number of teenagers in that class now. It was a treat for me to watch Paul White run at Texana again. Of course, I'm about as big a fan of watching others drive as I am crazy about driving myself, and if you look at Paul's resume it's pretty impressive and difficult to match.

As for me last night, I was finally back to running up with the front pack in my heat and the steering box locked up in left mode solid as a rock. It was fun before that with three of us running together super close and clean. After the steering box lock up, I had to miss the feature, cause my priority was to make sure my little girl was ready to run. I suppose that once again help me keep everything in perspective... :rolleyes:

Finally, I'll put more on this up later this week under TRP, but if you want a driver web page, give me a shout on here or many of you have my #. The page will look sharp, and I think the dividends back will be well worth the $30 investment. Give me a shout so we can get a feel for who's interested. I know I've got three solid ones so far.

First off i would like to say the races was great last night!

but.. the dust was bad, we couldn't even watch the race. I'm not saying dry slick track are bad or anything, I'm justing saying i know how good the water truck is at TRP and they could have went out there as sprinkled the track about every two race or so and it would have been so much more enjoyable as a spectator. I notest alot of new spectators at the track and they were not having a good time because of the dust.

just my opinion.

i'll be out the watching or racing at the next race

First off i would like to say the races was great last night!

but.. the dust was bad, we couldn't even watch the race. I'm not saying dry slick track are bad or anything, I'm justing saying i know how good the water truck is at TRP and they could have went out there as sprinkled the track about every two race or so and it would have been so much more enjoyable as a spectator. I notest alot of new spectators at the track and they were not having a good time because of the dust.

just my opinion.

i'll be out the watching or racing at the next race

Duly noted. We apologize to the fans as we weren't expecting the high North wind conditions. It was expected that the track would go dry slick, but the windy conditions surprised us with what it provided for the grandstands. Sorry about the error. We want to provide a fan pleasing environment and will utilize this as a learning experience. Thx.

in all honesty the dust wasnt all that bad. it is going to like when the ASCS comes to town. I have seen alot worse over the years and different tracks across the state of Texas. All i had was a cheap pair of safety glasses and that kept the dust from the eyes.

So all in all the track did it best they could.

nracer81

Not commenting on the dust (that has already been addressed), but what I'm wondering was last Saturday's track (dry slick-slick-slick) the normal track conditions? Or if not "normal", let's say "more times than not"?

Thanks

Not commenting on the dust (that has already been addressed), but what I'm wondering was last Saturday's track (dry slick-slick-slick) the normal track conditions? Or if not "normal", let's say "more times than not"?

Thanks

Opening night was very wet in the heats, but would have been tacky in the features. For me personally, I would have liked to have seen that one a little drier, but the clouds held rule on that one.

Last Saturday was dryer and slicker than I normally see for Texana. I would liked to have seen that one with some more water,. However, those conditiosn were largely driven by the wind.

The advice I would give on car prep based on my experience is that last Saturday would not be the norm for that dry, nor was opening night for that wet. But preparing for dry slick by feature time would be what you could plan for more times than not.

When I first started racing, I started out loving the tacky track, but I've come to appreciate a reasonably dry slick track to keep me driving the car instead of it driving itself. But, if I had my ultimate preference, I would love to see a track prepared different all the time to keep us guessing and to see how we adjust to the changing conditions.

Archived