Casey Smith On The Pole

He would not have won it if a no driving idiot had not come back onto the track in the backstretch and t-boned Casey Smith. This was under caution too. No one had anything for Casey until he got taken out. It was like he was on rails. Casey was as hot as a $2 pistol. Just hope he did not get himself in trouble going after the guy who wrecked him, although I could not blame him.

VIR/LLamadog did this guy T-Bone Casey on purpose or was it an accident. I do not understand how the leader of the race gets t-boned under a caution flag. This is absolutely uncalled for........How bad was Casey's car torn up. I sure hope he will be able to race at OPP on May 3rd............Looks like ya'll had a fantastic field of SLM's.

You enter the track from the pits in turn #1!!!How in the world did that happen on the back stretch during caution?Did Casey go after him on the track in his car or did he go pay the o'boy a Texas style visit at his pits up close and in person?Casey definitely has that tracks number,what a shame!!!!!!!

sounds like he went off the track since theres no wall and came back on into casey. Theres a picture of Caseys car on speed 51 trackside and looks like it ripped the whole right side off of it. Sounds like he was on rails before this. Good to see chris and Todd have good finishes.

Edited by Colt15

Casey did not retaliate on the track. His car was complete trash after the wreck. The complete right side was torn off. Since it was cold, I did not wait around to see what happened after the race, but I can tell you Casey was mad enough to whip someones butt. Glen was trying to calm him down and telling the pit crew to get Casey into his pit. A sure $4000 dollars for winning and another $4000 damage to the car because of complete carelessness by another driver.

Casey did not retaliate on the track. His car was complete trash after the wreck. The complete right side was torn off. Since it was cold, I did not wait around to see what happened after the race, but I can tell you Casey was mad enough to whip someones butt. Glen was trying to calm him down and telling the pit crew to get Casey into his pit. A sure $4000 dollars for winning and another $4000 damage to the car because of complete carelessness by another driver.

Lap 68 caution Dale little 99 bumps the 10 lapped car out of his way 10 goes off the track casey is bringing the field around under yellow The 10 is waiting to get back on the track his spotter tells him bail it now the 99 is to you. He nails it right into Casey hitting him hard spins Casey and knocks the right side off his car Casey definetly came out of the car and immediately went to talk to him along with over half the pits. Casey started on the pole and led every all 68 laps before he was taken out under yellow. Most bazzare thing I have ever seen

Unfortunately, not as bizarre for Casey as you might think. The same thing happened to him a couple of years ago, maybe at the Snowball, I can't remember. Another car rammed Casey under caution, mistaking his car for another car with which the driver had had an issue earlier in the race.

And prior to the start of a Legends race several years back, the car behind Casey rammed him from behind so hard it took both cars out of a race that hadn't even started; they were on the parade laps.

Unfortunately, not as bizarre for Casey as you might think. The same thing happened to him a couple of years ago, maybe at the Snowball, I can't remember. Another car rammed Casey under caution, mistaking his car for another car with which the driver had had an issue earlier in the race.

Believe that was the 2001 Snowball, when Doug Thorpe side-swiped Casey under caution and knocked the left side off the car. Thorpe had an issue with another black car, and took Casey out without making sure who he was going after.

Edited by txtom

I assume that the #10 ya'll are talking about is Danny Bagwell. If this is correct then as long as this guy has been racing he knows better than to pull some stupid crap like taking someone out under a caution. Especially as much as these SLM's cost. Anyone that pulls a stunt like this needs to be barred from that race track.............It amazes me how someone can get a car confused with another car when the same car has led every lap of the race even if they both do have the same number.............What is Mobile Int. Speedway going to do about this?

I thought it was Bagwell, but Speed51 said it was Dale Little. I am glad you clarified that Casey 19. That's 2 races in Alabama where Casey had the dominant car, and somebody took him out. How can anyone blame him for getting mad. I don't think Bagwell meant to do it on purpose. He had the incident in turn 2 on his mind and just was not thinking.

Casey19............Will ya'll be able to get the car fixed in time to run the SLM race at OPP on May 3rd? Casey has really had some rotten luck so far this year.

We will be at Opp. And Sonic the Alabama police and Richy Brooks tried to get him out of his hauler to talk to Casey and he didn't want to so Casey left word with his crew he will remember this one for a long time

So, was Dale little the car that hit Casey, or was he the car that the 10 was wanting to hit instead of Casey? For those of you that don't know, Dale Little has a Black #99 as well.

Llama, I see where Speed 51 says that Little got into Casey. So, is that true, or was it Bagwell? was it an accident or intentional?

So, was Dale little the car that hit Casey, or was he the car that the 10 was wanting to hit instead of Casey? For those of you that don't know, Dale Little has a Black #99 as well.

Llama, I see where Speed 51 says that Little got into Casey. So, is that true, or was it Bagwell? was it an accident or intentional?

The 10 hit Casey thinking he was Dale l

If you would have heard Casey on the radio, you would have known it was not safe for Bagwell to come out of his hauler. I did not realize Bagwell thought Casey was Dale Little and hit him. If Casey can resurrect the 99 after Opp to run like it did in Mobile, I am sure he will have it ready to kick butt at the next Viper.

The way I saw it was Dale Little was entering turn 1 and checked up to keep from hitting Hunter Robbins who was loose and sliding up on I think Donald Long. The 10 car of Danny Bagwell came in hard and turn Little sideways pushing him up the banking in turn 2. Little was able to stop right at the top of the track and Bagwell went off the track.

Little got going and went in the pits. The drivers side of his car was damage from the rear to the front tire. Bagwell went around the outside of the track to the middle of the back stretch and just shot on the track when Casey Smith came along under yellow.

I looked at Little's car after the race and the grill from Bagwell's car was stuck in the drivers door. If Little had bump Bagwell how did Bagwell's grill get in Little's door? I heard that Bagwell was telling everyone that he was after Little when he hit Smith. I think he was trying to get back on the track ahead of the lead car. Why would Bagwell be after Little when Bagwell ran into the back of him in turn 1. Also Little's pits was very hot that Bagwell said he was trying to hit him.

Smith had the car of the field on this night for sure. We will see how this all plays out at Opp on May 3.

Edited by gasman71