Casey Smith starts defense of his Mobile International Title

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Tex Motorsports Marketing

www.texmotorsports.com

Casey Smith Starts Defense of Mobile International Speedway Championship Title

Austin, TX (April 9, 2008) - The 2007 season for Texas native Casey Smith was a memorable one to say the least. Smith captured both the Mobile International Speedway Miller Lite super late model track championship and the Viper Series track championship at Opp, Alabama’s own South Alabama Speedway traveling each week from his south Texas based shop. So with such admirable accomplishments already etched in the talented racer’s résumé, what is one to do the follow year? For Smith it is simple, repeat!

“Last year was a great year to say the least but it’s a whole new year and it’s anybody’s game. We just have to look at the things we did last year and see what we can do to improve on them; I think that’s what allows teams to repeat championships. We obviously will have our work cut out for us but it should be a fun year,” said Smith with a smile.

However, for Smith a few things will be different compared to last season. In his first race of the ’08 season Casey was involved in a wreck with a lapped car destroying the front clip of his Hamke race car. It just so happens that was the car that he had dominated with just a year ago. So after a few days at Robert Hamke’s Mooresville, NC shop repairing the #99 Rapid Disposal Chevrolet Monte Carlo Casey Smith was back in business and if you ask him he says his team will never skip a beat.

“The Rattler was a tough race for us for the simple fact we tore up a real good racecar. But that is in the past and I really don’t think that it will affect us too much; we have got two cars set and ready to roll. We have spent some time testing and I am pretty confident that we can pick up right were we left off. We struggled a bit last year on the more abrasive tracks but I think we have found something that will change that pretty quickly, so I am looking forward to racing. I want to thank everyone on this Rapid Disposal/Gary Buchanan Custom Homes race team, Hamke Race Cars, Five Star Race Car Bodies and everyone that has helped and will help with this team this year,” stated Smith.

The Casey Smith Racing team will get their first crack Friday at the Five Flags Speedway at putting their hard work to the test for the team’s research work on abrasive track setups and then start their championship title defense at Mobile the following day.

For all the latest news, results, and autograph requests from the Texas native Casey Smith visit his website at www.caseysmithracing.com. For public relation topics contact Chris Ragle with Tex Motorsports Marketing at cragle02@yahoo.com or call 704.706.3666 for more information.

Race Information Quick Facts:

-Friday April 11th

Five Flags Speedway

Pensacola, FL

-Saturday April 12th

Mobile International Speedway

Mobile, AL