2004 CC Speedway Rules are out!

slysnake

I have read the 2003 rules alot since i started building a Super Street and the only thing that changed is the steel aftermarket body panels. That is a good rule. Oh I'm sorry I don't think they used to say that the weight was after the race so I guess that changed.

I don't know what their intent is but for most every other series a sealed carb means one that has been inspected thoroughly at the start of the season then sealed and tagged. As long as the seal is intact the tech man knows it hasn't been "massaged" after the season starts and it doesn't need to be checked again. For a bomber this should be no big deal, with stock heads, stock manifolds, etc.. they aren't sensitive to small jet changes and unless it needed a rebuild before you started, there should be very few reasons to need to get in to the carb during the season.

I have read the rules for the Super Street class for 2003 and 2004 , it seems like you guys are trying to make the rules more toward S.A./Kyle rules . I guess if it brings more cars that is good but what if you already had a car that has been running are the changes going to keep those cars from still running as they were or will people have to build new cars to conform to the new rules? ie: centered fuel cells / cowl induction carb boxes/ taller than 4" air filters / firewalls that were legal maybe not now ? Some of these things (fuel cells ) might not be easy to move being the cars were built with the cells to the left side.New K&N filter to replace old 5 " .Throw away hours worth of work used to built air boxes. Just asking ?

Mudd

yal need to look at it as a safety issue if the fuel cell is on the left side ,you are most likly to get hit in that side or hit the wall with the left rear when you lose an axle or tire. in the arts truck i work on the fuel cell is centered it has been hit so hard in the rear end the cell was push where it was not straight if it would have been on the left side it would have been a bad thing .so i think its a good idea to have it centered .jmo

Poorboy, yes there are cars out there that have some pretty major pedal modifications.....as far as the fuel cell deal, I can see where a safety concern might come about, but in my opinion if the fuel cell is mounted properly and the rear loop is built right, there really shouldn't be a problem at CC Speedway.

Guys we are not trying to cause problems but we are trying to clarify the old rules a little bit. We in no way are trying to make the rules more like San Antonio or Kyle so we can attract their cars. We fully want to take care of our local cars and make sure everyone is on a level playing field. I had hoped that everyone would appreciate some rule clarifications but I can see their are some issues we need to work at. We are not going to change rules at the drop of a hat but we are not going to close the book and say we will not do what makes good sense. Safety is a very high concern of ours but so is even competition.

hey fast,

I think what has happened is that, from what I can see, there are some small changes; but the wording has been changed overall since last year adding to some confusion. Just a suggestion, how about just stating what the changes are only. It might help. No one wants to get out to the track, start racing, and find out they are not legal etc. over a rule change that was not clear. Safety definitely must be of utmost importance.

Rick B)

Safety should always be the main concern but ,how is making someone run a shorter air cleaner a safety issue? If you look at some of the cages in a few cars there is the safety issue to be worked on .I know you are trying to make things better and thats great but there are more rules that need to be clarified. Hopefully by the time the meetings get here these things can be worked out. Everyone will need to give this a fair chance . Owen seems to be a fair person(from what I hear).

Hey all, I see we all agree on the safty issues. I don't understand why they don't make it mandatory that you have to have a racing seat. I just do not see where using a regular seat is safe. You can get good deals on them on E Bay. JMO.

As far as fuel cells in the 2002 race season you could have them on the left then last season (2003) they had to be moved to the middle now this season in the bomber class it did not say where it had to be unless they changed it since I last looked.

Another thing I would like to see in the rules if it is not all ready there is that "IF YOU CUT YOUR BUMPER DOWN THAT YOU HAVE TO PUT THE STOCK ENDS BACK ON" lots of people had their tires cut down because of people who cut the ends off but never put the ends back on. We go through enough tires, and it gets expensive. If you know how to cut them down it should be no problem welding the ends back on.

Merry Christmas all and Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived