Bristol Street Stock Race

Racer02

Chevy 02 much has arrived at Bristiol for the street stock race Saturday afternoon!

THere are about 50 cars here and they are expecting more tomorrow.

Sure to be a great show! As far as I can tell we are the only Texas car here. We'll see if we can hang with the big boys.

Driver

Matthew Hicks

Crew Chief

Jimmy Hicks

Pit Crew

John Talley

Dr. David Bush

We will have updates soon!

Good luck, take pictures andvideo if you can. If Frank had got his crap together sooner, we wouldhave made it. His switching teams this year made it hard for him to put a lot of effort into this, I tried getting a hold of him weekly from Nov through Jan with questions, only talked to him once in that time period. Gave up on it and decided we would run Pensacola at the end of the year. He did tell me they may run Rockingham in Jan, we may do that too.

Track website shows 54 cars competed - don't know if that's how many actually started or what.....

sounds like it was a good show prior to mother nature intervening...

You can be sure this will be the only STOCK CAR race that will be held at Bristol this year.

51 cars sounds like a pretty good field to me?

me to.....beats tha piss outta 7 to 9 car fields.

I think what Arthur meant by "Only" was that they were going to run 100 ,or some crazy number of, cars for this race. Kinda like "only" 23 cars showed up for the enduro. A really nice car count but no where near what was expected.

We couldn't hang with the big boys, the car drove great but we had motor problems. We narrowly missed two accidents, the barrel roll and the big crash on the front stretch. We were told we would have 4 hours of practice throughout the day sat. and we only had FIVE total laps of practice before the race. Most of the drivers had never raced on a track this size and only 4 or 5 of the drivers had ever turned a lap at Bristol. They rushed everyone to start the race without practice time due to the weather, they wanted to try and get it in Sat. night. They only made it to halfway and then they called the race. We should have practiced on Sat. and ran the race on Sun. There were at least 15-20 really nice cars that were destroyed due to almost zero practice time. We found out after we got there some of the locals/regulars had participated in a winter test session and had all day to work on setups, etc. Coinsedentally, these were the top 5 that ran away from everyone else. But, we had fun and at least we brought our car home in one piece. Some of those cars didn't look anything like what the rules described, did you ever have the feeling that maybe you brought a knife to a gun fight?

Oh and yes Texas Rose, Jimmy Hicks is my Dad and he won the Spooker Race at Altus Speedway on Halloween weekend 2006 in the Super Stock class much to the delight of all his many fans in Oklahoma Ha! Ha! Ha! I don't think they really appreciated the old-timer whipping them in there big race, but it was good for 'em, it builds character. He was also behind the wheel of the 02 at Bristol. I decided that w/out any practice, a little more "sperance" would be best. I was right, he narrowly missed two serious accidents and went from 39th to 20th in about 30 laps until the red #1 spun him. Check it out on you tube on of the other posts.

Did the 9 car win it? I watched part of the video on youtube last week, but I didn't have time to finish it. He had it well in hand until he got caught up in the mess on the front straight. He was still leading after that but wasn't nearly as strong.

Chase,

The 9 did win it. He dominated it. i think one of his closest competitors got taken out in on of the earlier wrecks. Looked like he had some damage too but apparently nothing major, his car was silly quick.

Chase,

The 9 did win it. He dominated it. i think one of his closest competitors got taken out in on of the earlier wrecks. Looked like he had some damage too but apparently nothing major, his car was silly quick.

You could tell from the youtube video that nobody could touch him. Was that wreck on the front stretch where one car drove under the other one nasty or what? I think they can run radios in that race. How in the heck did not see that car in the middle of the track?

Archived