NASKART for sale - $2,500

Bobby Dahl's Kart is for sale. Due to time restraints, he has decided to take a racing sabbatical. $2,500.00 includes Kart w/motor, Mycron 3, Kart stand & various spare parts. The motor was very competitive during the '07 season but the following work is recommended to get it up to speed for '08:

deck block,

flat top piston,

lighten flywheel,

install big valves in head

The following work has already been performed:

head milled .100",

head ported,

40# springs and upgraded retainers,

crank bearing installed,

EES #1 cam

I'll post pictures and have it in my pit stall @ Ironrock soon.

Brian

Any bites on selling Bobby;s Kart?!

No, not yet.

Surprised by the number fo hits, though! I wish some of these lookers would buy a kart and join in our racing games.

Hey guys, I am interested in getting into your league. Bobby finished 12th last year so is this a good buy? Please excuse my ignorance because I am new to the sport. I have only had about a dozen races over at Iron Rock and am still trying to decide which class I need to be in, but Naskart is really starting to appeal to me. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Is this cart currently assembled and ready to race? I realize the opening race is this Saturday, but if the deal is good enough, I would like to make the race.

RaZor:

The kart has been sold to another Iron Rock member. There are still two karts avalible for purchase. One is $3800 and the other is Smitty's at Iron Rock. The $3800 kart will be 100% race ready, minus michron. It is here in san antonio. I do not know what smitty wants for his kart.

Are there any details on the two carts? Like what upgrades have been done to the engine, etc?

Hey guys, I am interested in getting into your league. Bobby finished 12th last year so is this a good buy? Please excuse my ignorance because I am new to the sport. I have only had about a dozen races over at Iron Rock and am still trying to decide which class I need to be in, but Naskart is really starting to appeal to me. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Is this cart currently assembled and ready to race? I realize the opening race is this Saturday, but if the deal is good enough, I would like to make the race.

In my opinion, in the NASKARTS class, a driver has a better chance of becoming competitive, quickly. Our motors have reached the point that no large gains are left to be had. Therefor, the weight is squarely on the shoulders of the driver, where it should be. Plus, the entry costs are much lower than any any other class.

First off, I have to crack a bit of a joke at ya:

Karts with a K: silly fast toys with a sub $5K price tag

Carts with a C: silly fast toys with a million dollar price tag :)

To answer your question:

Both karts will be up to speed with the feild. The kart here in San Antonio will have a much newer engine, with almost all new internals. The kart is apart right now, once a buyer is interested, it will go back together.

Smitty's kart is already seasoned and ready. Its been tuned, tested, ran a few races and hauls butt. Its run in the top three at club races several times. I do not know what he wants for it, but I can ask.

Brian is correct, the class is a great starter for someone wanting to live the best of both worlds (circle track and road course) and go fast. The draft is truly amazing. Racing in front of a crowd (which doesnt happen in kart racing) is also really cool.

Thanks! You answered several questions. I've been wondering for some time about the K or C debate. Glad you cleared that up for me. lol

If you don't mind, ask Smitty what he wants for his cart.

Thanks for all you guys' help.

Archived