NASCAR talent based on $

racedude

Found this on you tube. Notice the names that are in this field. Casey #19 is running right up front with Sorenson, Leicht, Butch Miller - They had the $ to take to the table and obviously he didn't - Very sad to me that such a talented young driver from Texas has not been given the opportunity to continue to race with these drivers. Hopefully he will get his chance. I guarantee if I win the Lotto he will get it.

Edited by racedude

Ask anyone who has tried to move up the racing ladder,What it takes?They will tell you hard work,determination,sacrifices but most of all it's MONEY MONEY MONEY!!!!It's sad but true,when you call and talk to someone about moving into a pro series the first question out of their mouth is not what are your accomplishments?it's whos your sponsor?(in other words how much money you got)Think about how crazy that sounds!!!Can anyone imagine that happening in ANY other proffesional sport.The best of the best should be professionals!!!!!Not ethnicly diverse,loaded with money or just plain knowing someone who knows someone!!!!It truely is a major problem for young talent these days and with the hunt for the allmighty dollar at the cup level the way it is I don't see it changing!!!!! :(:angry:

Ask anyone who has tried to move up the racing ladder,What it takes?They will tell you hard work,determination,sacrifices but most of all it's MONEY MONEY MONEY!!!!It's sad but true,when you call and talk to someone about moving into a pro series the first question out of their mouth is not what are your accomplishments?it's whos your sponsor?(in other words how much money you got)Think about how crazy that sounds!!!Can anyone imagine that happening in ANY other proffesional sport.The best of the best should be professionals!!!!!Not ethnicly diverse,loaded with money or just plain knowing someone who knows someone!!!!It truely is a major problem for young talent these days and with the hunt for the allmighty dollar at the cup level the way it is I don't see it changing!!!!! :(:angry:

Preach on Landlord!

So true.

TQ, if you're suggesting that the low-money Saturday night teams with tons of talent can compete with the very rich teams that seem to buy their way into Sunday racing by promoting themselves locally and beating the streets for more sponsors, I can't buy that one. I think it's apples and oranges. That's not to say that we can't do ourselves a lot of good by promoting our teams, but I can't see the connection between that and the teams that make the BIG jump.

Chase, I wasn't suggesting anything, simply pointing out that now that the problem has been identified, what, if anything, do we do differently? You may be right, and there's nothing we can do. I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas.

name your kid richard elliot earnhardt,,,the 1st.

colt could prolly tells this better.....but

i think they(asa challenge) were racing in nashville. terry (my step dad,colts dad) was pulling the 24' bumper pull behind an f-350 down to the pit stall. jason or jd (one of the two) was aproached by a guy that is with an asa team. he asked "hey were is he going, what ya got in there ,,,,a legend?" to which jason or jd replied. nah it's the car that's gonna kick yalls asses.

money buys the haulers , the back up cars ,the fire suits and the chicks........real talent still sometimes sneaks in the back door when nobody is looking.

i think they(asa challenge) were racing in nashville. terry (my step dad,colts dad) was pulling the 24' bumper pull behind an f-350 down to the pit stall. jason or jd (one of the two) was aproached by a guy that is with an asa team. he asked "hey were is he going, what ya got in there ,,,,a legend?" to which jason or jd replied. nah it's the car that's gonna kick yalls asses.

money buys the haulers , the back up cars ,the fire suits and the chicks........real talent still sometimes sneaks in the back door when nobody is looking.

You forgot renting the track for a gazillion laps of testing,unlimited tire supply,Proffesional pitcrew,the latest and greatest of "whatever"etc.etc.etc. I bet if your brother had the disposible funds that the big teams have,his team would see improvements.(you have to know WHERE to spend the money)

Money won't buy talent, but sometimes there's not a lot of difference between one driver's skills and another's. If money were not involved, Driver A might get the ride, but if it is, the difference in skills between Driver A and whoever's in second place after a test will mean Driver A will get overlooked and the somewhat less skilled Driver B will get the ride.

And Landlord's right: the big difference may simply be in the money that allows you to test, tune and practice, and, because of the extra track time, show better when it counts. Some drivers have had a shot at a ride in, say, a truck, but no money to test or practice: they had to get in the vehicle and go without benefit of testing, and it showed. Another's big chance was limited by the fact his backers didn't have enough money to buy tires for the race, so he could only stay on the track until the first pit stop, then he was done.

Aside from the money, I don't think the major teams are looking at anyone younger than 19 or 20, and maybe not anybody that "old." It does pose a problem.

the bad thing about it is casey smith has probably won more races than all these new guys coming into nascar combined... if someone ever gives casey smith a chance he wont let them down. casey's work ethic is out of this world!!! he has to be the most deticated racer that i have ever known. the smith's are a very close friend to our family and i can't wait for the day we see casey racing on sunday's!!! if anyone deserve's a chance it's casey!!

Chase, I wasn't suggesting anything, simply pointing out that now that the problem has been identified, what, if anything, do we do differently? You may be right, and there's nothing we can do. I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas.

TQ, I wasn't hating on you, just trying to continue the discussion with what I believe.

You forgot renting the track for a gazillion laps of testing,unlimited tire supply,Proffesional pitcrew,the latest and greatest of "whatever"etc.etc.etc. I bet if your brother had the disposible funds that the big teams have,his team would see improvements.(you have to know WHERE to spend the money)

If Colt and Terry had those same opportunities, I can't image how badly they would woop up on their competition.

Maybe someone will wake up and see he has a major amount talent! (like his boss)

I'm just glad that someone with a major amount has chose to give ME a chance. Work's both way's I guess.

Gunnar - back at ya.

I am sure there is lots of young talent in Texas - however how much of the talent from Texas has hauled across the country and WON against veterans in a well vested series? Buescher in Arca and Casey in the SLM are the only 2 I am aware of - TQ - I think winning races will get their attention the almighty $ will get them right in the seat JMO

It's kinda hard to go run over there if you can't afford to go. The sport revolves around the dollar. If a team losses a sponsor they won't race. If you can't afford to race it doesn't matter how much talent you have. There are plenty out there with a lot of money and "enough" talent...seems thats what they are looking for.

jmo