Update from RRS GM Mike Cooper

Hello Everyone,

I wanted to send everyone a small note in regards to Saturday.

We had a great field of Texas Pro Sedans for opening night. The Texas Pro Sedans put on a great race with lots of action and the fans welcomed all the drivers with loud cheers and spending most of there time on there feet. The Legends , Thunderstocks and Hornets put on great racing all night with the Legends feature seeing a three wide finish at the line. The electronic scoring system worked great for both the Legends and Texas Pro Sedan feature events which had two and three wide finishes. The Texas Pro Sedans started the feature event with 17 cars , Legends 15 cars , Hornets 6 cars and ASA Thunderstocks 8 cars.

I would like to thank everyone for making the night a great success.

I do want to update on the injury to flagman Chris Cournoyer , during the Texas Pro Sedan heat race Chris was struck in the eye by debris off of the track. I have spoken to Chris today and he is doing great and stated " I am ready for Saturday Night " We are glad Chris is doing good and look forward to having him back on Saturday April 5th " Greg Biffle pit crew challenge night "

I once again want to thank everyone for a great night and look forward to this Saturday April 5th. " Kick a little Asphalt "

Mike Cooper

General Manager

Red River Speedway

940-636-5258

Archived