Tire Question

In the Pure Stock class would G60's be acceptable for a part time visitor? Thanks...

I'll get with Bruce today and get you an answer. Will try to post an answer for you by this afternoon.

thx - Monty

In the Pure Stock class would G60's be acceptable for a part time visitor? Thanks...

Talked with the boss... Yes, we're ok with the G60's for the part-time visitor. We understand STS and I-37 are running that in Pures and in the event of a rain-out at STS or the Friday night racer from I-37 wants to come over and visit Texana at one time or another, we don't want to slam the door in someone's face over a tire that is no wider that what we're running. In a nutshell, we want to work with racers and provide an atmosphere that is welcoming to the racer and the race fan, but not open the door for something that would provide for an absolute and clear disadvantage for the weekly and committed customer. When we can do right by the regular customer, work with visitors, and put on a good show for the fans, everyone wins. Allowing the G60 for someone who visits a couple of times shouldn't create a clear disadvantage against the committed customer.

Come see us this year!

We do plan to come with different cars at multiple times this year but the first time or two it would be or g60's until we come up with the normal legal tires.

Look foward to having you and the team when you can make it down to Texana.

We're all pumped for opening night this Saturday. Should be a great night of racing!

Monty,

Has anyone told you lately what a great job you do at this public relations thingy.If not Great job! Your very good for the track and racing as a whole. With more people like you and mickey, we may lose the redneck racer stigma...lol. I hope yalls attitude towards racing spreads like the black plague to everyone.

Victor Lindsey

Thank you Victor. I can't tell you how much I appreciate getting that compliment.

I greatly enjoy getting behind the wheel and driving, but I also really enjoy helping to sell the product that we all love "dirt track racing". Of everything though, I enjoy most watching Lauren evolving into a skillful driver and helping her ready her car for each event. Quite a balancing act for all three of those, but it's easy to talk about dirt track racing when you enjoy it as much as I do.

I stand back and watch a lot of folks and I'm amazed at the family atmosphere with how so many help others in this sport. If I can do just a small fraction to lend my assistance to the sport that Mickey has to helping others, I will have done a lot. I have a lot of admiration for that man and how he so willingly helps so many, and yet he is so modest about it. I also watch Tony Reha helping all of the young mini-stock kids with parts, my old buddy Justin "Peanut" Airhart who has helped so, so many people in the pits, including me, my buddy Johnny Thomas who has helped many and coached me in my driving and helped me in so many ways with my cars. The list could go on and on.

I've been blessed over the last 4 years to make more friendships than I could ever imagine. I was also blessed with an incredible season behind the wheel in 2006, and I am excited to see others with their success in racing and really great to see those teams that just love being in the mix of it all no matter how the night goes for them.

Thank you again for the compliment, and I'm happy to be doing my part on "selling the product".

Now, let's go racing and kick this 2008 season off with a bang!

-Monty

Boy is that a 100% and a breath of fresh air. Its easy to type something like a question, it gets read 4 different ways and before you know it people are reading the same question negatively. Responding, being respectful and courteous are qualities you have and TRP I am sure appreciates it alot because we certainly do!

If we run street stock at i-37 and hobby stock at sts what class can we run with your cars

Not real familiar with the i-37 street rules, but I am familiar with the sts hobby rules. If you're running Hobby's at STS you'd be paired with the Super Stock / SLMS. We have several full frame cars in that class and a few clip cars. Good class with a wide array of cars. Our bombers are most closely associated with Pures (not a direct match, but the closest match).

I note where the STS Hobby's are off this week, so if you can make it over and join in kicking off the season with us, we'd enjoy having you over.

-Monty

We have a street stocker that we are planning to start off at i37 this year but we have raced it at STS last year, plan to run it this year again along with running it at Edna on most of the Super Stock dates. We will miss the first one this weekend but should be able to make the rest of em.

If we run street stock at i-37 and hobby stock at sts what class can we run with your cars

Not real familiar with the i-37 street rules, but I am familiar with the sts hobby rules. If you're running Hobby's at STS you'd be paired with the Super Stock / SLMS. We have several full frame cars in that class and a few clip cars. Good class with a wide array of cars. Our bombers are most closely associated with Pures (not a direct match, but the closest match).

Gary or AJ, if you read this and can offer adtl. insight on Woodway's question, please fee free to offer your input.

I note where the STS Hobby's are off this week, so if you can make it over and join in kicking off the season with us, we'd enjoy having you over.

-Monty

One more thing. It's been a while since we posted it, but it is still on this forum on another thread.... If the Super Stocks / SLMS have 16 or more cars start the feature, Bruce agreed to pay $40 to start for anyone starting in the feature. I'm feeling pretty positive the class will have the 16 cars or more on Saturday. If so, just need to start the feature and you can make your entry fee and pit pass back.

Yea...pretty much any street stock would have to run super stocks at edna...unless they happen to be running open chamber heads and can pull 18" of vac.

Personally I wish we could convince everyone in the class to switch to 8" tires (leave the wheels alone) or asphalt pulloffs then there really would not be much difference in rules anywhere....but that is a hard sell....

So which Hossier tire is the legal one in bombers?

It's the Hoosier Dirt Bozz pattern in 245, 255 or 265 max. It's the same pattern that the SLMS cars run but smaller, and I understand the Houston Street Stock guys run this pattern.

Archived