NASCAR Racing 2003 Season

TheLegend96

Since I am new to the sim racing, I thought I would let others know that I had been looking online to purchased NASCAR Racing 2003 Season by Sierra and Papyrus. I found it for 39.99 in most places, whether it was online or in store. Yesterday I found it in store and in stock at Best Buy for 19.99. I know it is about time for a new season to come out, but if your interested in just getting started, its a good buy. They also had NASCAR Racing 2002 Season for 39.99 and NASCAR Racing 4 for 9.99.

By the way I use a Sidewinder Game Pad Pro Contoller

TheLegend96

You said,

I know it is about time for a new season to come out

Actually, NASCAR Racing 2003 is the LAST NASCAR sim that Papyrus is doing. EA Sports has the NASCAR license for the next 8 years. So this is the last one by the undisputed leaders in race car simulations, Papyrus. EA (NASCAR Thunder) blows chunks campared to NR2003.

Buy this sim. Then go here, http://www.sierra.com/downloadfile.do?mediaid=8343 to download the official patch. And then point your browser to http://www.onlineracin.com/pwf/ and download the Bush, Craftsman Trucks and Trans Am physics.

Also check out all the addon tracks that are at the Project Wildfire site. They have a bunch of oval and road coarses available.

Then head on over to http://www.theuspits.com/sims/index.html[/url] and under the NASCAR RACING 4/2002/2003, banner you will find another wealth of addons for the sim. Be sure to check out the TPTCC mod they have for NR2003. It is only beta at this point (as is PWF's Trans Am) but it does have two car shapes, as well as updated dashes and sounds.

I highly recommend this simulation. It is NOT A GAME. It is a very detailed simulation of auto racing. Don't expect Need for Speed here, it is way better. I also highly recommend a steering wheel and pedals to get the most out of the experience. This is not an arcade racer. Serious simmers only need to apply.

If you like racing, and are looking for a serious simulation, then you have found your new addiction. If you want to pretend and play a game, look else where. This simulation is hard, but very rewarding.

BTW, don't worry, the modding community will have the 2004 paint schemes ready for download as soon as they know what they will be. Any car for any driver, even the one offs can be found eventually online.

Hope this helps.

Bill "Sarge" Masom

WSRL Trans Am Administor

www.wsrlracing.com,

You right.

Thanks for all of the links. As a beginners it really confusing on what you can do to mod your game and where to go. Hopefully this link can be used to introduce others to the world of Sim racing.

• 2 weeks later...

wkr77,

What exactly is the problem you are having?

Give me more info and I might be able to help ya. "I could never calibrate it right" is pretty vague.

I have been involved in Sim racing for about 4 years now. I am also a computer professional. :rolleyes: I promise I won't charge ya much ;)

Start by telling me about the system your trying to run the game on.

Bill "Sarge" Masom

Archived