01 car crash at hmp

ups88john

i saw the 01 car hit the wall driver side first and the throttle was hung open for a good while. went and looked at the car after the races, pretty serious hit, does anyone know if the driver was injured? sure seemed like it took a while for him to shut the car off, although it seemed like the engine finally shut it self off. hopefully the driver is ok and will be able to race again.

big john

I spoke with George Russell a little while ago, he was the driver of the 01. He was knocked out, he doesn't remember anything from right before he hit the wall up until he was being unbucked in the infield. He is sore, and his pride is hurt, but he will be back, maybe not on the 29th, but definately by the 19th of April. His car is still at the track, he has someone going to look at it to get it fixed. He said the car was real loose, and he had brand new tires and didn't even get a chance to scuff them in. He was trying to stay out of the way, and got into the grey area. He saw pictures that someone took with the safety personel around the car on the track and he doesn't remember that happening. I didn't see the initial impact, but it must have been a hard hit.

His car is still at the track, he has someone going to look at it to get it fixed.

I knew I was doing something wrong. When we tear our stuff up, we have to fix it! :lol:

Just making light of a bad deal. Hope the soreness goes away soon.

I spoke with George Russell a little while ago, he was the driver of the 01. He was knocked out, he doesn't remember anything from right before he hit the wall up until he was being unbucked in the infield. He is sore, and his pride is hurt, but he will be back, maybe not on the 29th, but definately by the 19th of April. His car is still at the track, he has someone going to look at it to get it fixed. He said the car was real loose, and he had brand new tires and didn't even get a chance to scuff them in. He was trying to stay out of the way, and got into the grey area. He saw pictures that someone took with the safety personel around the car on the track and he doesn't remember that happening. I didn't see the initial impact, but it must have been a hard hit.

Arthur,

I saw it when it happened...one of the hardest hits I've seen in a few years and it was directly on the drivers door. As John said we went and looked at the car sitting in the pits and it was hurs pretty bad. Personally, I have never seen one break the front and back windows! Great to hear George Russell is ok. When I saw the car didn't have any role bar pading I was kinda surprised. In a hit like that your head is doing alot of moving. Where was the ambulance Saturday? I saw the one on pit road but it never moved all night.

Archived