Insurance?

RedTornado

Does I-37 have insurance? A driver was injured in an on track accident last night, and is believed to have broken some ribs. He went to report the injury to the owner's, and was told that because he signed in to the pits, he waived all rights to be insured. My question is, Does I37 Raceway have insurance, and if so, isn't it the insurance's responsibility to pay for the medical bills for the injury that happened at the track?

Signing that form as you go in does not waive your insurance rights as a matter of fact you have to sign it for coverage. I heard this as well after leaving the track and K and K insurance who insures 95% of all race tracks in America does not handle injuries in this manner. I personally had them cover a $6000 trip to the emergency room at HRP in Houston and it didnt cost me a dime. This should be no different so maybe its a simple misunderstanding or not understanding what the insurance coverage covers. I'm sure they will have a positive answer to this real soon.

Being a x promoter myself, a word of advise. K and K Insurance coverage almost demands that you go straight to the hospital via ambulance to insure the injury didnt accure in route to the hospital or going home from the track. Just a word of advise if your hurt at a track do not drive yourself to the ER.

YES, WE DO HAVE INSURANCE.

I have been trying to get ahold of Randy Borlace this morning but his phone is turned off. I have already talked with the driver's uncle and Randy Borlace is okay. He did not go to the ambulance last night to get checked out. He did not go to the hospital last night, ordering to his uncle. His uncle said in his opinion, He does not have any broken ribs. He is just sore.

A reminder to everyone: we have the Quality Ambulance Service out there for a reason. If you are involved in an accident or get hurt in the pits or etc, then go to the Ambulance and get checked out. If you are hurting, don't wait, and don't just go home. Get checked out.

In order for our insurance to cover it, there has to be a written document from the medics.

HOPE HE IS OK WHEN OR IF HE WAS RACING AN IMCA SANCTIONED EVENT HE WOULD BE COVERED I DONT KNOW THE CLASS HE RACES IN BUT I KNOW THATS WHY I LIKE TO RACE IMCA IM COVERED ITS HARD TO GET INSURANCE IF U R A RACER WHEN WE GO TO OUTLAW SHOWS IT IS ON U HOPE HE IS OK A WRECK LIKE THAT CAN MAKE U HURT FOR WEEKS GOOD LUCK

Archived