Derby Picks

HoosierDaddy

Hey Snowball:

Dick tore his car up at the Governor's Cup Nov. 22, I was there. It was a great race! The wreck Dick was involved in took out the top 6 or 7 cars and put Wayne in the lead with about 30 laps to go. Last weekend Dick drove Wayne's red #84 car at Lake City and placed 4th, Wayne came in 2nd to Jimmy Cope.

The quote about the Snowball isn't exactly accurate as you stated but I haven't seen the article on 51 yet so I'm not saying you misquoted.

OK, I went and read the article at 51...I know for a fact that Dick's car was wrecked at New Smyrna during the Governor's Cup. I also know that he was driving Wayne's red #84 at Lake City for the Florida Pro race...that was in the works since the wreck during Governor's Cup.

What Wayne has told me is that the Snowball is a very expensive race to run and without sponsors very few can afford to run and come out ahead. His car owner, Larry Calabrese, lives and works in South Florida. He owns Airframe International in Miami. I agree with Dick's quote on 51...that may have had an impact on where to run this weekend also.

Anyway, I have heard the rumors about the sale of Five Flags also. If the name of the interested party I have heard is accurate I think it would be excellent for the track also! Let's all keep our fingers crossed...

Archived