David Starr Day Press Release

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

David Starr Day set for Dec. 13th at Wholesale Nurseries

It's going to be a very interesting 2004 racing year for Irving resident David Starr, and Texas race fans will get a chance to ask him about that in person on Saturday, Dec. 13 in the Central Texas area. Starr, who drives the #75 Spears Manufacturing Chevrolet truck in NASCAR's Craftsman Truck Series (CTS), will make an appearance at Wholesale Nurseries in Georgetown, which is located about 8 miles from the F.M. 1431/Chandler Road exit off IH-35.

David Starr Day will be presented by Wholesale Nurseries and Dani Promotions of Austin. Christy Ganem was very aggressive in landing David Starr Day at Wholesale Nurseries, which will hold its Grand Opening that same day. Ganem, the nursery manager at Wholesale Nurseries, said, "We are very excited to be hosting such a big name as David Starr for our Grand Opening. We believe that David Starr has a bright future in NASCAR and it's an honor to have him take the time to come visit us for our grand opening, to meet several of his race fans in person and to help raise some funds for charity."

Chuck Licata, president of Dani Promotions, agreed. "The thing I've learned about David this year is that he is very 'grounded,' and he doesn't let his success go to his head," Licata stated. "He's such a personable guy, I believe everyone that shows up to see him on Dec. 13 will find that out for themselves. He really proved himself as a loyal person, too, by turning down other offers and sticking with Spears Manufacturing to make a run at the 2004 CTS title."

Licata added, "We'd like to thank Chaz Glace from CHASCO Contracting of Round Rock and Lisa Stanley for helping make the arrangements to bring David to Central Texas." There will be a charity raffle (with several race items up for bid) at the event, which will help raise funds for The Double Play Foundation in Austin as well as Speedway Children's Charities. There will also be some door prizes given away at the event.

Starr, who missed four CTS races in the 2003 season due to an injury, still finished 13th in the CTS standings and earned over $305,000 while driving for Spears Manufacturing. He had claimed a 5th-place finish in the CTS standings in 2002. The Texan was pursued by Toyota and many other team representatives before committing to driving the #75 Spears Manufacturing Chevrolet truck in the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series for next season. In the same week Starr committed to Spears, it was announced that Starr would drive the NASCAR Busch Grand National Car owned by Holigan Racing and sponsored by Lifekey Health Care, Inc. The Busch team will be featured each week in "The Reality of Speed," a 52-week reality show debuting on the Spike TV network.

Dani Promotions has helped set up a special hotel rate for out-of-town visitors. Anyone needing that information can call Dani Promotions at (512) 736-8230.

Here is an update from Dani Promotions

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

"Reality TV Racer" coming to Central Texas

David Starr, a driver in the NASCAR Craftsman Truck series who will be one of the subjects of next season's "The Reality of Speed" TV show, will visit his Central Texas fans this Saturday.

David Starr Day, presented by Wholesale Nurseries and Dani Promotions, will be from noon to 4 p.m. this Saturday, Dec. 13 at Wholesale Nurseries, located off the F.M. 1431/Chandler Road exit off IH-35.

Starr will drive in 15 NASCAR Grand National Busch Series races next season for Holigan Racing, which will also field an AMA Motocross team in 2004. The day-to-day efforts behind both teams will be part of a national television series on Spike TV, a national television network. The team will run 15 NASCAR Busch Series races and the full 16-event AMA Supercross schedule, along with the full 12-event AMA Outdoor Nationals. Starr, who resides in Irving, will also run for the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series championship in 2004, driving the #75 Spears Manufacturing Chevrolet for Spears Manufacturing.

"I'm very appreciative of the supporters I have in Round Rock and Austin and look forward to visiting them (on Saturday)," Starr said by telephone on Sunday. "Chaz Glace and Chasco Contracting of Round Rock have been a huge help to me and my career. I love visiting with friends and race fans."

There will be three Texas short-track drivers - Jeff Pollard of Houston, Charles Buxton of Round Rock and Doug Ayers of Pflugerville - who will bring their cars to the event. "I'm looking forward to meeting the local drivers," Starr stated. "It's fun to talk about what they're doing today because they're doing what I did when I started racing 6-7 years ago. It'll be interesting to talk to them and find out their challenges of local racing - what it's like getting sponsors, who builds their engines and things like that."

As per usual, Starr will also be helping charity. There will be a raffle - highlighted by a David Starr package and a certificate to The Team Texas High Performance Driving School at Texas Motor Speedway - with the proceeds going to charity. Other prizes include a certificate to Jon Elliott's Total Rider Improvement Courses motorcycle school; golf and dinner for two at Star Ranch Golf Club; and some very fine 3-D NASCAR crystal products provided by cavdirect.com, among others. The recipients of the raffle will be Speedway Children's Charities and The Double Play Foundation of Austin.

Anyone requiring Information on the event can call Wholesale Nurseries at (512) 930-9975 or Dani Promotions at (512) 736-8230.

Directions to Wholesale Nurseries for David Starr Day..

Take IH-35 North to exit #256...take the access road straight to the light, at the light take a right on Chandler Road..go down 2.7 miles when Chandler Road stops (at this point you can only take a right or left)..take a left and Wholesale Nurseries is 1.7 miles up on the left-hand side..

If you come in on IH-35 South then take a left on Chandler Road..go down 2.7 miles when Chandler Road stops (at this point you can only take a right or left)..take a left and Wholesale Nurseries is 1.7 miles up on the left-hand side..

Archived